• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just a beautiful day on the parkway

chiefjason

imported post

Drove around on the BRPW near Asheville a bit today. Nice to not have to lock up the firearms now. I did notice that the Folk Arts Center was not posted. I thought that was odd. I know you still can't carry in there, but I could see that getting someone into some hot water for a while.

IMG_1470.jpg

It's particularly nice after reading this when I got home. Anytime, anyplace is right!

http://www.wbir.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=118052&provider=gnews

chiefjason

imported post

Instead of starting another thread, I'll just say we had another great day on the parkway. Hiked the Price Lake loop trail with the wife and kids today. 2.4 miles, my oldest (8) made it the whole way, the youngest (5) pooped out at about 2 miles or so. I passed 2 LE rangers twice while OC'ing. I was not sure whether they noticed the first time. They were in a hurry working around the lake checking fishing licenses. The second time at my van they both noticed. Nobody said a word. They were dealing with an out of state couple with no fishing license. Passed lots of hikers and no issues.

If you go up in the Linville, Grandfather Mtn area just remember lots of the Grandfather Mtn Property is state park now. I had to disarm to hike part of the Tanawha trail and fish a bit. I was not sure where the boundary was and did not want to end up armed on a state park. :banghead:

I got a couple looks at the McD's in Banner Elk. Heard somebody comment about "that guy has a pistol on his hip." I thought about saying something, constructive mind you, but with the family headed out the door I just left too. None of the employee's batted an eye.

Another uneventful day. ;)