• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New here.....I want to orginize a get-together.

stvebnny4

imported post

hey fellas, and maybe ladies.

Im new on this forum and i am serious about orginizing a get together or bbq or something, even trash pick up.

I have seen some other posts like this, but it doesnt look like they happened.

lets set a date so people can ask off work...etc.

im thinking may 9th(sunday).

as to wear? thinking busch wildlife. or something like that.

I open carry there everytime im there when running my dogs. talked to a few Conservation Agents, with positive results, they liked the fact that i was execising my right.

any thoughts or concerns are very welcome.

We NEED this to happen, we NEED to orginize, we NEED to exercise our rights.

i attached some pics of me and my dogs just for fun.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Welcome to OCDO.

Just a suggestion. Let people here get to know you - attend some of the already planned functions or those coming up in the near future.

OCers are by and large extremely responsible people. Give yourself some time to learn the lay of the land.

Yata hey

cash50

imported post

Busch Wildlife? I like it and all, but what exactly would we do there?

Plus, there's no exposure either.

stvebnny4

imported post

We could do a trash pick up there. followed by a bbq. during the spring and summer there are tons of people there fishing and enjoying the outdoors.

but that was just a suggestion.

cash50

imported post

I'm not opposed to anything, really. I'm just thinking out loud here.

goalseter88

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Welcome to OCDO.

Just a suggestion. Let people here get to know you - attend some of the already planned functions or those coming up in the near future.

OCers are by and large extremely responsible people. Give yourself some time to learn the lay of the land.

Yata hey

he prob right on that you wont get alot of ppl right off. but on the other hand if you can get a couple ppl you could always just start small and if you get more that be even beter.

i mean we got a small group in springfield going but its only 4 or 5 ppl but its where you start at and work your way up. i wouldnt give up on that if you cant get a lot of ppl from the start.

best of luck on that. i join yah but its too far for me to drive up their:(

stvebnny4

imported post

I just want to get at least one good one, so every one could see how nice it is to get a bunch of like minded people together. i think if people come once, they will want to do it even more.