• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What the government chooses to keep secret

TFred

imported post

This is only marginally on topic... so I'll keep it short...

Isn't it "funny" how the government will bend over backwards to keep secret something as trivial as sales figures behind tax incentives, yet we can't get them to protect CHP information, the disclosure of which can literally cost someone their life.

I guess it really is all about money.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2010/042010/04072010/538746/

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

bullseye wrote:
Sounds subjective, is it 12 or 15? Better to play it safe and buy 16! :celebrate
Better yet, buy private and stay out of the system
Oc only and stay out of the system
Don't post here and stay out of the system:lol:

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Get rid of the permit system and you won't have to worry about the government releasing the information. I think all privileges granted by the government including drivers licenses, car tags, property records, police discipline records, court records, birth certificates, etc.should be searchable.

TFred

imported post

The irony is that people who drive and their driving records, while guarded by the highest federal protection, are much more pertinent to public safety than the names and addresses of concealed handgun permit holders ever will be.

What's up is down and what's down is up. Such is modern government.

TFred