Thread: Daily Utah Chronical - Open carry a safe decision

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Utah Shooting Sports Council's Clark Aposhian backs up the Daily Utah Chronical's Crystal Perry on open carry freedom and the respect it deserves in Utah.

--

http://news.collegemedianetwork.com/...-safe-decision

SNIP

Open carry a safe decision

By Crystal Perry

Published:Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The open carry of a firearm is a hot-button topic these days after a recent incident with a Utah Valley University student who was confronted by campus police. The student, who had a concealed-weapon permit, was openly carrying his firearm while hanging up some signs for the UVU Republican Club. As a firearms instructor, this disturbs me.

This student was legally justified to openly carry his firearm. State law dictates that concealed weapons permit holders can be on a school premise with a firearm and the law also allows permitted holders to conceal their weapons, but does not require it.

Universities have celebrated tolerance of many things but have recently made a big deal about not tolerating the open carrying of firearms. Openly carrying a firearm or concealing it is a choice that is left to the citizen under the law, and that decision should be accepted by those who respect the law.

“The more you talk about ‘open carry,’ the more people are going to do it—that is just the nature of people and it is their right, and I will defend them,” said Clark Aposhian, the chairman of the Utah Shooting Sports Council.

. . .

Open or not, guns in the hands of lawful citizens make our campus safer. We should be happy that our Utah laws allow our campus to be the safest in the nation.

Post imported post

There's that stupid "right to feel safe" again.

And the "this disturbs me " part is useless. Okay, I get it. It disturbs you.

Why?

Poorly written.

But, positive anyway.

Post imported post

I do have a right to feel safe, and I feel pretty darn safe when I open carry.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:

Why?

Poorly written.

But, positive anyway.
    I read it as she was disturbed by the police response. I could be wrong. But it could certainly have been written more clearly.

As for "feel safe", well, everyone does have that right. Feel as much as you want, no-ones gonna stop ya. But there is no such thing as a guarantee....

McX

Post imported post

and the respect it deserves.....................they finally gotthe messagehuh?

Post imported post

Smart young lady.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:

Why?

Poorly written.

But, positive anyway.
    I think it was written that way intentionally, to make you read it twice.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.