• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayors Against Guns Member Defeated

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/90063472.html#comments

Waukesha MAiG member Nelson gone,:celebrate and the Ashland mayor member did not run. If the new Waukesha and Ashland mayors do not join, two more less members in in Bloomberg, Daily and Barrett's MAiG. TheRhinelander MAiG member got in.

The roll of Wisconsin mayors that do not support the constitutional right to bear arms is down to 5, the mayors of Madison, Milwaukee, Rhinelander (why member?), St. Frances (why member?), West Bend (why member?).

M

McX

imported post

bye, bye, don't let the door hit you on the backside as you leave!:celebrate

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OCglock1988 wrote:
not really sure about the rhinelander mayor, that seems odd. he is probably not well received.
Most likely is a Barrett wannabe. :banghead: I don't think that there are so manyillegal gun transactions occurring in Rhinelander that would require its mayor to use taxpayer funds to participate in MAiG. (Unless he agrees with its real agenda - more and more laws that make it increasingly difficult for individuals to own firearms.)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

The one that caught me by surprise was the Park Falls Mayor being a member!

Especially since Park Falls hasnamed themselves as "the Grouse hunting capitol of the world"
There are very few things going in in Park Falls besides hunting, fishing, and the business's that support either sport.
People visiting the area are either there to hunt, or fish. And it's also where the St. Croix fishing rod factory is located. other then them or the paper-mill, any other employment is in the service industry, and they all rely on hunters, fisherman, and snowmobilers.

Rhinelander on the other hand is the county seat, and it has some groups that think they are gang members, but in actuality they are just wannabe's.

I cannot remember any murders in this area that even had a gun used in the commission of a murder, except for when the cop named Tyler Peterson (may he rot in hell)used his duty rifle to shoot 7 people in their home, and later take his own life with his police-issued sidearm!!

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The latest MAiG roster listing doesn't show Park Falls as a member. It took a while but looks like the mayor there got the message, or finally figured out what the MAiG real agenda is. Looks like the Rhinelander mayor is not quite as smart.