Thread: POLL and article about Oakland University carry

Post imported post

Article has link to video as well:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/educat...30/detail.html

In the video, OUPD Chief Sam Lucido says, "I cannot imagine the possibility of people walking around with firearms not being a disruption."

And, in related news, scientists opening up a wormhole to a parallel universe in which Lucido is a police chief two generations ago quote Lucido as saying, "I cannot imagine the possibility of black people sitting anywhere but the back of the bus not being a disruption."
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

77% is for carry on campus!
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

Here is an article about the carry protest going on at Northern Michigan

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...aspx?id=438767

And here is the poll
    http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...aspx?id=439364

Post imported post

Here is the survey question:

Do you think students should be excused from facing disciplinary action from the university if they have a state-issued permit? Yes or No

In this survey I would have to vote No, because a student should not need a state-issued permit in the first place.
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Post imported post

MarineSgt wrote:
    Here is the survey question:

Do you think students should be excused from facing disciplinary action from the university if they have a state-issued permit? Yes or No

In this survey I would have to vote No, because a student should not need a state-issued permit in the first place.
    You should vote "Yes" if you want to go with thechoice which supportsgun rights in this unfortunately flawed question. Yes, the question's premise isn't the greatest, but there are no other choices such as "Yes, and also a person should not need a state-issued permit in the first place."
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

my comment appears under jason reese, third comment listed Alot ofmorons around posting clearly wrong facts, but a lot of 2nd support as well, I was pretty impressed.

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    MarineSgt wrote:
    snip
    snip
    I think it's pretty simple. The answer is yes, because I would say the second amendment would excuse disciplinary action against those both with and without state issued licenses. The question only asks about a limited segment of students.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I went out to dinner tonight with my dad and grandma. My dad told me that he had heard on WWJ that open carriers were going to be carrying guns and protesting at Oakland University, and he asked me if I knew anything about it. From what I can tell, it is merely another instance of the news not having the slightest clue what it's talking about, because I have heard exactly no one seriously consider carrying openly on the campus.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.