• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POLL and article about Oakland University carry

DanM

imported post

Article has link to video as well:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/education/23069130/detail.html

In the video, OUPD Chief Sam Lucido says, "I cannot imagine the possibility of people walking around with firearms not being a disruption."

And, in related news, scientists opening up a wormhole to a parallel universe in which Lucido is a police chief two generations ago quote Lucido as saying, "I cannot imagine the possibility of black people sitting anywhere but the back of the bus not being a disruption."

MarineSgt

imported post

Here is the survey question:

Do you think students should be excused from facing disciplinary action from the university if they have a state-issued permit? Yes or No

In this survey I would have to vote No, because a student should not need a state-issued permit in the first place.

DanM

imported post

MarineSgt wrote:
Here is the survey question:

Do you think students should be excused from facing disciplinary action from the university if they have a state-issued permit? Yes or No

In this survey I would have to vote No, because a student should not need a state-issued permit in the first place.

You should vote "Yes" if you want to go with thechoice which supportsgun rights in this unfortunately flawed question. Yes, the question's premise isn't the greatest, but there are no other choices such as "Yes, and also a person should not need a state-issued permit in the first place."

Michigander

imported post

DanM wrote:
MarineSgt wrote:
snip
I think it's pretty simple. The answer is yes, because I would say the second amendment would excuse disciplinary action against those both with and without state issued licenses. The question only asks about a limited segment of students. ;)

Michigander

imported post

I went out to dinner tonight with my dad and grandma. My dad told me that he had heard on WWJ that open carriers were going to be carrying guns and protesting at Oakland University, and he asked me if I knew anything about it. From what I can tell, it is merely another instance of the news not having the slightest clue what it's talking about, because I have heard exactly no one seriously consider carrying openly on the campus.