• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill introduced to permanently register long guns

KS_to_CA

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn’t buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn’t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.
If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)
If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

Well, I forwarded it.

can we make a shirt off of this?

KS_to_CA

imported post

It would be nice if we have a law that says all bills be subject to the people's approval before it is even sent to the Gov'ner for signature, and if they don't pass the people's test, the bill's author gets 30 days to pack up.

Maybe we will have more sensible bills passed by sensible legislators. Or maybe we will run out of 'em.

wewd

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
If this passes, my long guns are being shipped to family in AZ until such time I can evacuate.

I haven't read this bill yet but my preliminary understanding is that it proposes a scheme similar to that of the current handgun registration law, where long guns presently owned are not required to be registered, but any new guns bought or transferred are automatically registered during DROS, and those imported into the state must be registered. There will be a grandfathered class of long guns as there is currently is for handguns. It's still a huge shovel full of bull-s, but we needn't ship our rifles and shotguns out of state just yet, unless we are shipping ourselves out as well (New Hampshire here I come).