• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB2347/SB1108 alert from AZCDL

March Hare

imported post

From the text message:

Word is that HB2347/SB1108 will be Third Read tomorrow on the House floor. Please spread the word.

The alert on AZCDL with links to send emails to your representatives:
http://azcdl.capwiz.com/azcdl/issues/alert/?alertid=14824091

*Edit*
If you'd like to watch the session live, it's webcast here:

http://azleg.granicus.com/Mediaplayer.php?publish_id=13

The site says they will be in session today (Thursday, 4/8) at 1:30.

We're getting closer! :)

Thanks Fred!

-MH

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Constitutional Carry passed 36-19? It's a done deal? Tell me it's real!!!!:celebrate:celebrate

brokenbarrel

imported post

happy:monkey....but its not done yet,brewer I hope will sign this..chances seem good but I came from california where looks like something is done deal then they pull the rug out from under us,and we fall flat on our face...........I just dont want to count my chickens b4 they hatch....Side note I already have my ccw but im looking at the freedom aspect of this for all legal arizonans.:cool:

crisisweasel

imported post

Arizona Daily Star's article here:

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_3c01cb36-435b-11df-8670-001cc4c03286.html

The word choice is interesting.

"Arizona is on the verge of becoming the third state in the nation to let just about any adult carry a concealed weapon."

Yeah well, you know, except people with like, felonies. Which would be pretty much the kind of people most would fear carrying in such a manner - or any manner, but be sure not to phrase it that way.

"Without a word of debate, the House voted 36-19 today to eliminate the criminal penalties that now exist if someone has a hidden gun without first getting the necessary state permit."

One gets the sense the author of this wanted to say...so much more.

We're going to have to get those letters - bigtime - into Brewer's office, especially since Captain S.A.T. over here ( http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum10/41895.html ) just fired his gun off in a Wal-mart. Which has nothing to do with concealment, as he was carrying openly, but you can bet this will be fresh in the minds of our unbiased friends in the media who hate the idea of anyone, anywhere, having a gun for whatever reason.

By the way, thank you AzCDL.

wewd

imported post

Congratulations, everyone. When is this supposed to become law (assuming the governor signs it)? I need another excuse to visit your fine state and exercise more of my rights.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

It looks good for Governor Brewer to sign it, but it isn't done yet. BTW this will bring Constitutional Carry to over 20% of the land mass of the nation.

Thoreau

imported post

ccwinstructor wrote:
It looks good for Governor Brewer to sign it, but it isn't done yet. BTW this will bring Constitutional Carry to over 20% of the land mass of the nation.
One can only hope. PS: Alaska + Arizona + Vermont = 8.00765% of the US land mass.

JesseL

imported post

Thoreau wrote:
ccwinstructor wrote:
One can only hope. PS: Alaska + Arizona + Vermont = 8.00765% of the US land mass.

Might want to check your math. Alaska alone is 17%.

Thoreau

imported post

Doh, sorry about that... i read off all the sq mile numbers for the three states, then ran the calculation after reading the sq KILOMETERS for the total US land area. Skewed it quite a bit. =)

20.73% it is. When ya think about it that way, that certainly is kinda impressive!

IA_farmboy

imported post

Notso wrote:
Now maybe other states will follow.

There are many in Iowa that certainly hope so. No doubt that many are watching how this plays out in Arizona. I recall this bill coming up in debate in the Iowa House. It is likely to come up again given the close votes on constitutional carry bills and amendments in the past couple years.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Notso wrote:

Yeah... freedom is contageous. We owe the AzCDL big time. Major grass-roots factor in gettin' the word of the constituancy to the Legislature and the Gov. This seems to be what it takes... 'cause normally all they hear is the shrill caterwauling of Helmke and the VPC Bradyites 'n other sock-puppet bedwetters.

Thank you AzCDL! :celebrate

lostone1413

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Notso wrote:

Yeah... freedom is contageous. We owe the AzCDL big time. Major grass-roots factor in gettin' the word of the constituancy to the Legislature and the Gov. This seems to be what it takes... 'cause normally all they hear is the shrill caterwauling of Helmke and the VPC Bradyites 'n other sock-puppet bedwetters.

Thank you AzCDL! :celebrate
I agree with you Brother we owe AzCDL big time. Without them our gun rights might very well be like in Ca. God knows we have enough of them moving into Arizona that would like nothing more then to see us like Ca