• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay GFSZ Map

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

This is from the City Attorneys' Office. I am requesting that it be edited so that the Universities are not included.
Send me your E-mail address and I will send you a high resolution copy

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Well done. I think this map deserves scrutiny. Since they erroneously included the UW-GB campus there may be other errors as well. Maybe we could request a list of the "schools" they included to make the map.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
This is from the City Attorneys' Office.
Interesting. The city does not appear to have enacted a local "gun free school zone" ordinance.

On an unrelated note, while skimming GB's ordinances there is a requirement that gun dealers maintain certain types of alarm systems in their business. This is arguably another preempted ordinance. I'm not aware of any such statutory requirement.

Captain Nemo

imported post

Interesting that a city the size of Green Bay has 50 schools that teach grades 1 through 12. I think I read somewhere on this forum that the Wisconsin GFSZ applies only to schools that teach grades 1 through 12. Something rotten in Denmark me thinks, ahoy.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Thank you. I have requested one from the City Attorney's office under Chapter 19.
And which I have received. It was my intention to upload it here but I see that the maximum file size is now only a megabyte. I will e-mail the file of 682,939 bytes on request. Or the CAO was very responsive to my request and should be to yours that will indicate the level of interest in law abiding citizens legally armed.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
On an unrelated note, while skimming GB's ordinances there is a requirement that gun dealers maintain certain types of alarm systems in their business. This is arguably another preempted ordinance. I'm not aware of any such statutory requirement.
It is not preempted. This is not a firearm ordinance, it is a business ordinance.