• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Media attempts to make transporting guns sinister...

Do you think this guy was up to something sinister?

• YES! He was up to no good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! He was just going to an event.

• Who Cares?

• Total voters

CA Carry

imported post

Why is this guy being questioned by the ATF? Not sure why this is such a big deal if he was going to a shooting event? The shooting event people even vouch for the man and state he was traveling to attend their event....

Goes to show how the media is usually anti-gun...

Pilot of crashed Louisville plane was transporting weapons

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The pilot of a small plane that crashed at the Fairgrounds Tuesday has been identified,and officials say there were weapons on board the aircraft.

Police say the single engine Piper PA-28-180 flown by AllenFriedlander crashed on the grounds of the Kentucky Fair & Exposition center around 8:30 April 6. Rescue crews had to cut Friedlander from the plane.

Friedlander was taken to University Hospital and was listed in fair condition Wednesday afternoon.

ATF officials confirmed weapons and ammunitions were found in the wreckage, and they plan to question Friedlander once his condition improves. ATF officials tell us about 8 to 10 weapons were found and are being held in the Louisville Metro Police the property room.

The FAA and LMPD are also participating in the investigation. Kathleen Burgen with the FAA says Friedlander has had no previous incidents with the FAA.

Officials at the Knob Creek Gun Range in West Point, Kentucky say Friedlander was bringing the weapons to an event scheduled for April 9 through April 11. About 14,000 people attend the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot and Military Gun Show, which is held at theBullitt County gun range twice a year.

Copyright 2010 WAVE News. All rights reserved.

langzaiguy

imported post

Unfortunately, I believe it's still illegal to have weapons at the KY fairgrounds. Also, perhaps there's some strange FAA laws about the prohibition of guns that we don't know about.

Brian D.

imported post

langzaiguy wrote:
Unfortunately, I believe it's still illegal to have weapons at the KY fairgrounds. Also, perhaps there's some strange FAA laws about the prohibition of guns that we don't know about.

If that's the case, how do they manage to have those National Gun Day firearms shows at the Ky Fair & Expo Center several times each year?

Fyi the Fair/Expo Center is directly across Interstate I-264 from the Louisville Int'l Airport..the small plane crashed at the Fairgrounds, they weren't there by choice. Be kinda silly to charge the pilot with trespassing or having firearms there under those conditions, wouldn't it?

As long as this pilot had done the proper paperwork with regards to transporting those Class III firearms, he shouldn't be in legal trouble, from the details available.

I think this just shows how the mediacan go to great lengths to misleadingly color a story, when the actual truth is right in front of them.

langzaiguy

imported post

@Brian haha doesn't make sense to me, but here it is:
303 KAR 1:041. Certain objects and attire prohibited on premises.
Section 3. No person is licensed to enter or remain in any building or stadium owned or operated by the Kentucky State Fair Board while in possession of a firearm or other deadly weapon (as defined in KRS 500.080(4)), regardless of whether such person would be licensed to enter such building if he did not possess such firearm, provided that this section shall not apply to a peace officer who is permitted by law to carry such weapon concealed or who is carrying such a weapon in the line of duty.

This is simply another unfortunately unconstitutional regulation. I'm very aware of bias in the media, but it seems to me that they are just reporting on a plane crash that happened to have weapons on board and they're just reporting about how the police are looking into the matter.

hotrod

imported post

langzaiguy wrote:
@Brian haha doesn't make sense to me, but here it is:
303 KAR 1:041. Certain objects and attire prohibited on premises.
Section 3. No person is licensed to enter or remain in any building or stadium owned or operated by the Kentucky State Fair Board while in possession of a firearm or other deadly weapon (as defined in KRS 500.080(4)), regardless of whether such person would be licensed to enter such building if he did not possess such firearm, provided that this section shall not apply to a peace officer who is permitted by law to carry such weapon concealed or who is carrying such a weapon in the line of duty.

This is simply another unfortunately unconstitutional regulation. I'm very aware of bias in the media, but it seems to me that they are just reporting on a plane crash that happened to have weapons on board and they're just reporting about how the police are looking into the matter.
After a reavaluation and reading of KRS 237, I was wrong in my post. Langzaiguy is correct. The state can't post a state owned facility. You can visit the capital while carrying but not the fairgrounds. I don't think so

neuroblades

imported post

What ever became of this situation? The condition of the pilot, the NTSB/FAA investigation/ruling, etc.?

thnycav

imported post

I really do not think he wanted to go to the fairgronds. If his aircraft did not crash there he would not have been there.