Thread: Anyone carry in OC, SM area?

Post imported post

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has carried in south milwaukee or oak creek and if so, where? I have never seen anyone carry in this area and I guess I dont have the nuts to start. I was also just thinking, there are so many schools in South Milwaukee I dont think I could make it very far without breaking the law. Anyone have a school zone layout for this area?

Post imported post

Here is the map link which was put together by a member of wisconsincarry.org

2009-02_Open_Carry_of_Firearms.pdf

I agree, looking at the map of the school zones, there isn't much room to OC

Don

Post imported post

that map does not go into my area as far as i can tell...i am south of mitchell international...I did find this, at least a little reassurance for myself that this city does recognize my right

http://www.southmilwaukeepd.org/pdf/...etter%20oc.pdf

Post imported post

JGEARHOBBER wrote:
    Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has carried in south milwaukee or oak creek and if so, where?

I've carried in Oak Creek. I've been in Farm & Fleet on Rawson a number of times and also carried into Woodman's and Kohl's on Howell. I went into Pick n Save with just my holster because I left my sidearm home after a movie (Marcus is no carry). I also went holster only at Woodman's gas station and Blockbuster only because I didn't want to load and holster my sidearm in front of a bunch of people (not illegal, but my preference).
    While not in Oak Creek or South Milwaukee but close, I carried into Walmart and Gander Mountain. When I need something in south Milwaukee I'm sure I will go there armed....lol

I have never seen anyone carry in this area and I guess I dont have the nuts to start.

I've never seen anyone else carry out in the "wild" either! If your worried about carrying I would start out at an event listed here or maybe Gander Mountain.
    Just be sure you know the laws and the risks.

I was also just thinking, there are so many schools in South Milwaukee I dont think I could make it very far without breaking the law.
    I Know the feeling! I live right by a school and when I go for walks it's without my sidearm .

Welcome to the board!

Post imported post

I was also wondering if I can keep my loaded magazines in the same case as my gun when transporting?

Post imported post

JGEARHOBBER wrote:
    I was also wondering if I can keep my loaded magazines in the same case as my gun when transporting?
    I know a lot of the guys do that, but I find it just as easy to drop my mag in my holster when I travel in the car as I do not take the holster off when I drive.

Post imported post

I live in south milwaukee , I OC while walking my dog about 2000 feet west from the high school on the west side of the creek , and at farm and fleet on a regular basis and at gander every time I go there .....

Post imported post

JGEARHOBBER wrote:
    Like hunter9mm I keep my holster on but, I do drop my mag in the case.

Post imported post

oh , I drop the mag into my case then the gun goes in the same case .