• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone carry in OC, SM area?

JGEARHOBBER

imported post

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has carried in south milwaukee or oak creek and if so, where? I have never seen anyone carry in this area and I guess I dont have the nuts to start. I was also just thinking, there are so many schools in South Milwaukee I dont think I could make it very far without breaking the law. Anyone have a school zone layout for this area?

Jason in WI

imported post

JGEARHOBBER wrote:
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has carried in south milwaukee or oak creek and if so, where?

I've carried in Oak Creek. I've been in Farm & Fleet on Rawson a number of times and also carried into Woodman's and Kohl's on Howell. I went into Pick n Save with just my holster because I left my sidearm home after a movie (Marcus is no carry). I also went holster only at Woodman's gas station and Blockbuster only because I didn't want to load and holster my sidearm in front of a bunch of people (not illegal, but my preference).
While not in Oak Creek or South Milwaukee but close, I carried into Walmart and Gander Mountain. When I need something in south Milwaukee I'm sure I will go there armed....lol

I have never seen anyone carry in this area and I guess I dont have the nuts to start.

I've never seen anyone else carry out in the "wild" either! If your worried about carrying I would start out at an event listed here or maybe Gander Mountain.
Just be sure you know the laws and the risks.

I was also just thinking, there are so many schools in South Milwaukee I dont think I could make it very far without breaking the law.
I Know the feeling! I live right by a school and when I go for walks it's without my sidearm :cry:.

Welcome to the board!

JGEARHOBBER

imported post

I was also wondering if I can keep my loaded magazines in the same case as my gun when transporting?

hunter9mm

imported post

JGEARHOBBER wrote:
I was also wondering if I can keep my loaded magazines in the same case as my gun when transporting?
I know a lot of the guys do that, but I find it just as easy to drop my mag in my holster when I travel in the car as I do not take the holster off when I drive.

akito

imported post

I live in south milwaukee , I OC while walking my dog about 2000 feet west from the high school on the west side of the creek , and at farm and fleet on a regular basis and at gander every time I go there .....

Jason in WI

imported post

JGEARHOBBER wrote:
Like hunter9mm I keep my holster on but, I do drop my mag in the case.

akito

imported post

oh , I drop the mag into my case then the gun goes in the same case .