• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZCDL ALERT Constitutional Carry Vote tomorrow 8 April 2010

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

Now when I travel to AZ I can cover up without any hesitation, even though I have a CCL from Florida. This is absolutely incredible and now one of my favorite staets to visit. Thanks for keeping us involved...

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, KFYI was really demeaning AZCDL(and all the "moron wingnuts" as he put itthat belong to AZCDL)and this bill this morning. He (Barry Young) is calling for all his listeners to call the Governors office in opposition in hopes of getting her to not sign the bill. Everybody needs to call her office to show their support. I got in on the first try - they just want to know if you support or not, it's easy. Call her office and an assistant will pick up - 602-542-4331 or 1-800-253-0883.

It's interesting that Sheriff Joe has come out in support of this bill and KFYI was even to the point of demeaning the Sherifffor it.

GWbiker

imported post

ColoradoFlyer wrote:
Now when I travel to AZ I can cover up without any hesitation, even though I have a CCL from Florida. This is absolutely incredible and now one of my favorite staets to visit.  Thanks for keeping us involved...

Be advised at this time, your Florida CCL is valid in Arizona, as we honor ALL CCW permits from ALL states, provided the holder is just visiting Arizona.

brokenbarrel

imported post

i just called the 602 # it took about 3min cause i had to wait for an operator,it was quick and easy i just said"im calling in support of the constitutional carry bill" the lady said "so your for her signing it?"i said "yes im a ccw holder,but feel everyone should have the same rights"...I know i didnt have to go into all that but i did,anyways she said"ok thank you" and we hung up...:)

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That's great, thanks. Yeah, it's easy to do and either mention constitution carry or SB1108, don't be intimidated in calling her office. If you prefer, there is an email address to use, I'll try to find it.

I don't see an email address, but you can go here http://www.azgovernor.gov/Contact.aspto send a text message via their website.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Notso wrote:
Yeah, KFYI was really demeaning AZCDL(and all the "moron wingnuts" as he put itthat belong to AZCDL)and this bill this morning. He (Barry Young) is calling for all his listeners to call the Governors office in opposition in hopes of getting her to not sign the bill. Everybody needs to call her office to show their support. I got in on the first try - they just want to know if you support or not, it's easy. Call her office and an assistant will pick up - 602-542-4331 or 1-800-253-0883.

It's interesting that Sheriff Joe has come out in support of this bill and KFYI was even to the point of demeaning the Sherifffor it.
I just now called the Gov's office (1-800-253-0883)... gave a vote for myself 'n the rest of us here in the family (5 in all) in support of her signing Constitutional Carry.'No waiting... just rang about twice 'fore they picked up. I reckonthisBarry Young is a Bradyite.'Never heard him... or heard of him down here. I can't figure out what he's doin'... or why. This guy must be atransplant from some nanny-state who brought his baggage with him. .

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It was very frustrating this morning to listen to KFYI demeaning all the members of AZCDL(calling them all the names that you hear the liberal media call the tea partiers). It was very 'elitist' in the tone. He kept talking about how he was a member of the NRA, but never mentioned the fact that the NRA helped get this bill through the legislature. He(Barry Young - it was his morning show) also demeaned those getting the restaurant carry bill passed last year.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Notso wrote:

I just now called the Gov's office (1-800-253-0883)... gave a vote for myself 'n the rest of us here in the family (5 in all) in support of her signing Constitutional Carry.'No waiting... just rang about twice 'fore they picked up. I reckonthisBarry Young is a Bradyite.'Never heard him... or heard of him down here. I can't figure out what he's doin'... or why. This guy must be atransplant from some nanny-state who brought his baggage with him. .

He calls himself a conservative and it's supposed to be a conservative leaning show, but I suspect he's one of those that can't quite cope with having rights that were previously taken and then restored. It's an un-easy feeling for many that now have to again trust their fellow law-abiding citizen.

The president of AZCDL(Dave Kopp)called into the show, but they wouldn't let him on the show to discuss the points of the bill. Now that's what I call a really fair show(NOT).

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you want to get really pissed off, you can listen to the podcast of the show here

http://www.kfyi.com/pages/podcasts.php

He devoted the whole 3 hours to demeaning the group and the bill. It was really typical of how herepeatedly says "I'm an NRA member, BUT" . Very similar to the typical "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT" comments we get fromthe anti's.

AZkopper

imported post

I found out Barry was a jerk a few years ago, when I called in during a topic of "how has the gov't taken rights away from you" (implying they hadn't). I brought up the firearm laws of '68 and in the 30's, and he cut me off the air and proceeded to imply I was a 'black helicopter' type.

MITCH

imported post

I've never heard the show, I've discovered that most "hosted" shows reflect only the opinon of the host.

It might be interesting to list the sponsors of his show and then start a telephone, email program to contact his sponsors and relate our dis-pleasure of his rantings.

Mitch

GWbiker

imported post

In my experience dealing with radio personalities, Morning Drive radio people are condescending jerks with HUGE attitudes and weak backbone who will stir any pot of schitt in order to attract listeners during a rating period. And, Phoenix radio stations are currently in a rating sweep.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MITCH wrote:
It might be interesting to list the sponsors of his show and then start a telephone, email program to contact his sponsors and relate our dis-pleasure of his rantings.

Mitch
That's exactly what I was just thinking. He kept egging on for a protest down at the radio station, which I'm sure is exactly what hewants. I'll see if I can come up with a list of advertisers, maybe he won't laugh so much when we mount aprotest to his sponsors.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Notso wrote:
MITCH wrote:

Mitch
That's exactly what I was just thinking. He kept egging on for a protest down at the radio station, which I'm sure is exactly what hewants. I'll see if I can come up with a list of advertisers, maybe he won't laugh so much when we mount aprotest to his sponsors.

http://kfyi.com/pages/advertisers.html?feed=241303&article=3121319

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

GWbiker

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
Notso wrote:
MITCH wrote:

Mitch
That's exactly what I was just thinking. He kept egging on for a protest down at the radio station, which I'm sure is exactly what he wants. I'll see if I can come up with a list of advertisers, maybe he won't laugh so much when we mount a protest to his sponsors.

http://kfyi.com/pages/advertisers.html?feed=241303&article=3121319

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Clyde, please post this on the AZ Shooting site?

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In case anyone is interested, Mike Broomhead will be talking about the AZCDL issue at 4:35 on KFYI. He also was against the constitution carry bill on Friday afternoon, though didn't seem to be quite as biased as Barry Young was on his show.