Thread: Open Carry With Concealing Holsters

Post imported post

Would the open carry of a pistol, such as a CZ-82, in it's original holster be legal? I want to make sure it is not considered concealed. Please see attached picture. Thanks!

Banned

Post imported post

I wouldn't want to be the one in court, fighting a gun charge, insisting that the pouch was a holster.

It is not recognizable as a holster. Therefore, folks would generally not know that your are carrying.

IANAL. Make sure you get proper legal advice before carrying in the original holster.

However, if you update your profile to include your state, folks from your state can help you research your state laws and court rulings. I don't think you'll find that using your holster would be OC.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Definitive answer not possible w/o knowing the state in question.

Another good reason to show one's location in their profile.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I will be moving to Wyoming from Texas. I definitely want to make sure I follow the laws of the land! I love Wyoming's open carry laws!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

texasrifleman wrote:
    I will be moving to Wyoming from Texas. I definitely want to make sure I follow the laws of the land! I love Wyoming's open carry laws!
    It might be a good idea to post this on the Wyoming thread, if you haven't already.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson