• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for shooting locations in the desert.

armedman

imported post

I am looking for a decent, safe, legal spot in the desert to go plinking. Looking for a spot in the east valley. Thanks.

crisisweasel

imported post

People are sometimes reluctant to answer this question because various authorities have a tendency to post "no shooting" signs in places that become too popular. Hence, the idea is to not talk about them.

I only know this because I asked the same question once elsewhere, and was told the same thing.

National Forest and BLM land is your best bet anywhere in the West. You can probably google for some maps.

armedman

imported post

Thank you. I have not called them but I haven't had any luck on the websites.
The valley keeps growing so the places we used to go to have gone away.

mFonz77

imported post

Send me a PM for some locations in SE AZ. In deference to the "policy" I'd rather not post them here.