• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Does Not Make You Safer

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

The link below is about an Open Carrier in Wisconsin. That's not the issue of the video I would like to make though. A woman who works with the Wisconsin Anti-Crime Division made a very interesting comment in the 49 second mark of the video.

Not only are her remarks on Open Carry incorrect, they have been dis-proven and was irresponsible for her to claim that her personal opinion was fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFv_94kZM2U&playnext_from=TL&videos=uYQKDYJvBFA

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Why would you expect any of those people to suddenly develop high standards of integrity and honesty? The dissemination of facts is their stock and trade.

No insult intended, but was this really worth a separate thread? :?

Yata hey

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Why would you expect any of those people to suddenly develop high standards of integrity and honesty? The dissemination of facts is their stock and trade.

No insult intended, but was this really worth a separate thread? :?

Yata hey

I understand they want to make things lookas if"guns are bad" but how do these politicians get away with lying to the public and they use those lies to incite fear. The more people they convince guns and gun owners are dangerous, the easier it will be for them to ban them.

Btw, I made a separate thread because if we pile everything into the same thread and have mixed topics, it seems a bit unorganized and sometimes hard to find previous information. I'll be sure to keep it to a minimum from now on... :cool: