Thread: Badges

Post imported post

I'm sure that having and displaying a badge with the intent to have people perceve you as a LEO is against the law here in wisconsin. But this posting is interesting and funny to read if you have, as an OCer, ever thought of doing this. If you have thought of it I would recommend against it and if you read through the California post you'll understand why you shouldn't.

Don

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/41771.html

Post imported post

I had the wrong site listed on the post for Badges, here is the correct link

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/37125.html

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Concealed carry and open carry badges have been discussed here ad nasium.

They are considered at best extremely bad form - and depending on local laws may get you arrested for impersonation of a LEO.

We wish to demonstrate that we are normal, everyday people going through life responsibly - not get a free ride or play policeman.

Anyone interested beyond that can use the forum search function.

Not picking on the OP - just would abhor seeing this one hashed out again.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I see, and understand

Ad nauseam is a Latin term used to describe an argument which has been continuing "to [the point of] nausea".[1][/suP] For example, the sentence "This topic has been discussed ad nauseam" signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively and that those involved in the discussion are sick and tired of it.

Don

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
    I see, and understand

Ad nauseam is a Latin term used to describe an argument which has been continuing "to [the point of] nausea".[1] For example, the sentence "This topic has been discussed ad nauseam" signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively and that those involved in the discussion are sick and tired of it.

Don
    Sincerely, no personal offense intended.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

As they say in whatever movie it was "We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Seriously though, having a badge on you just gives an overzealous LEO cause to charge you for impersonating an officer. Whether you were doing it or not, all it takes is one person to say they thought you were a cop or say you were giving that impression to cause you a world of trouble.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

McX

Post imported post

yep, this one has been to ground before. for me its; no police authority, no police uniform, therefor no badge needed. just a copy of J.B.'s decision regarding open carry is all i need to get through life.

Post imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:

Seriously though, having a badge on you just gives an overzealous LEO cause to charge you for impersonating an officer. Whether you were doing it or not, all it takes is one person to say they thought you were a cop or say you were giving that impression to cause you a world of trouble.
    3 Amigos

Post imported post

jamesisel wrote:
    GlockMeisterG21 wrote:

3 Amigos
    I don't know if it was said in Tres Amigos or not, but it predates that movie because it was said earlier in Blazing Saddles, when they were deputizing a posse of ruffians.

Post imported post

I think "Blazing Saddles" wins this one...

3 Amigos link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdZKCh6RsU&NR=1

Blazing Saddles Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lj056ao6GE

Although there is a Parrot that said it too....

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/749675...tinkin_badges/

Post imported post

And dont forget UHF...Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!

OT, though, badges does seem like a bad idea. Plus it already pisses me off when people ask if I'm a cop, i think a badge would only make me more prone to this question.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Banned

Post imported post

What kind of a tool would want to wear a badge? I mean seriously, the notion is both extremely hilarious and really, really sad.

Post imported post

Carcharodon wrote:
    And dont forget UHF...Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!

OT, though, badges does seem like a bad idea. Plus it already pisses me off when people ask if I'm a cop, i think a badge would only make me more prone to this question.
    & also make it certain that Flynn's troops will prone you should you venture into Milwaukee.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.