• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Badges

LOERetired

imported post

I'm sure that having and displaying a badge with the intent to have people perceve you as a LEO is against the law here in wisconsin. But this posting is interesting and funny to read if you have, as an OCer, ever thought of doing this. If you have thought of it I would recommend against it and if you read through the California post you'll understand why you shouldn't.

Don

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/41771.html

ocdobadge.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Concealed carry and open carry badges have been discussed here ad nasium.

They are considered at best extremely bad form - and depending on local laws may get you arrested for impersonation of a LEO.

We wish to demonstrate that we are normal, everyday people going through life responsibly - not get a free ride or play policeman.

Anyone interested beyond that can use the forum search function.

Not picking on the OP - just would abhor seeing this one hashed out again.

Yata hey

LOERetired

imported post

I see, and understand

Ad nauseam is a Latin term used to describe an argument which has been continuing "to [the point of] nausea".[1][/suP] For example, the sentence "This topic has been discussed ad nauseam" signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively and that those involved in the discussion are sick and tired of it.

Don

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
I see, and understand

Ad nauseam is a Latin term used to describe an argument which has been continuing "to [the point of] nausea".[1] For example, the sentence "This topic has been discussed ad nauseam" signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively and that those involved in the discussion are sick and tired of it.

Don
Sincerely, no personal offense intended.

Yata hey

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As they say in whatever movie it was "We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Seriously though, having a badge on you just gives an overzealous LEO cause to charge you for impersonating an officer. Whether you were doing it or not, all it takes is one person to say they thought you were a cop or say you were giving that impression to cause you a world of trouble.

M

McX

imported post

yep, this one has been to ground before. for me its; no police authority, no police uniform, therefor no badge needed. just a copy of J.B.'s decision regarding open carry is all i need to get through life.

jamesisel

imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:

Seriously though, having a badge on you just gives an overzealous LEO cause to charge you for impersonating an officer. Whether you were doing it or not, all it takes is one person to say they thought you were a cop or say you were giving that impression to cause you a world of trouble.
3 Amigos

jrm

imported post

jamesisel wrote:
GlockMeisterG21 wrote:

3 Amigos
I don't know if it was said in Tres Amigos or not, but it predates that movie because it was said earlier in Blazing Saddles, when they were deputizing a posse of ruffians.

Carcharodon

imported post

And dont forget UHF...Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!

OT, though, badges does seem like a bad idea. Plus it already pisses me off when people ask if I'm a cop, i think a badge would only make me more prone to this question.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

What kind of a tool would want to wear a badge? I mean seriously, the notion is both extremely hilarious and really, really sad.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Carcharodon wrote:
And dont forget UHF...Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!

OT, though, badges does seem like a bad idea. Plus it already pisses me off when people ask if I'm a cop, i think a badge would only make me more prone to this question.
& also make it certain that Flynn's troops will prone you should you venture into Milwaukee.