• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My local pro shop has a restauraunt/bar in it.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

I started this instead of hijacking Stainless's thread.

As the title says my local store, Lunkers in edwardsburg MI. Has a restaurant in the middle of store called "Anglers Inn", the Inn has a bar inside of it.

1) Can i not leave firearms in the car while entering the store?
2) Would bringing firearms inside the store, past the restaurant/bar, to the gunshop be illegal?
3) Is written permission needed or is verbal acceptable in most cases?

And slightly off topic....

4) WTF is the point of all these "feel good" gun laws in MI, and why can't they be written in plain English!?

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

With CPL yes.

Without CPL no.

750.234d

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(r4bg3pjfp5c4yoaxqcclbtap))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-234d

Quote :1) Can i not leave firearms in the car while entering the store?

No. Possession of firearm on certain premises

Quote :2) Would bringing firearms inside the store, past the restaurant/bar, to the gunshop be illegal?

Yes, for the same cite. Theres no exception made in 750.231a for this law.

750.231a http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(r4bg3pjfp5c4yoaxqcclbtap))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-231a

Quote :3) Is written permission needed or is verbal acceptable in most cases?

Get it in writing, signed and dated, and keep- it on you whenever you are there.

(d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.

Quote 4 :) WTF is the point of all these "feel good" gun laws in MI, and why can't they be written in plain English!?

WTF is the beginning of a real good answer. You answered half of your question with the "feel good" part. They were written by lawyers, so that you would need to hire one, and so that they could feel important with all those proper words. And to generate money for the state by tripping you up in the system, And to violate you in some crime, so that they have another form of gun control.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(r4bg3pjfp5c4yoaxqcclbtap))/mileg.aspx?page=Home