Thread: Weird bullets

Banned

Post imported post

Have you guys seen these? Are these things real, or even legal?

http://www.cqbservices.com/?page_id=10

Post imported post

Glaser is real and costs something like 20 bucks for 6 or 8 rounds.

Post imported post

My old Company Commander told me he was issued those when he was doing some sort of security on an airplane. He said they wouldn't go through the cabin walls and depressurize the plane.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

You want to see some crazy ammo check this stuff out.

http://www.ramworks.net/blog/?p=158

“The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Post imported post

Unless you are an Air Marshall, or are doing a lot of shooting in an apartment complex with thin sheet rock walls, I think the Glasers are VERY over-rated...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Glaser.. and all self defense ammo intended to fragment... suffers from the same problem... lack of sufficient penetration. But then, everyone gets to decide what will work for them depending on the factors they have operative in their own situations.

But a little searching for ballistic gel results for different calibers/bullet designs helps make an informed decisions. Here is one result:

http://www.brassfetcher.com/Brassfet...afety_Slug.pdf

and here is another with plenty of info to sort through...

http://www.mouseguns.com/amball.htm

There are other places on the 'net that have done ballistic gel testing.. and google fu will find it...

Doesn't hurt to have as much info as possible before making a decision.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Banned

Post imported post

I want one, er, 25.