• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weird bullets

Carcharodon

imported post

My old Company Commander told me he was issued those when he was doing some sort of security on an airplane. He said they wouldn't go through the cabin walls and depressurize the plane.

Dreamer

imported post

Unless you are an Air Marshall, or are doing a lot of shooting in an apartment complex with thin sheet rock walls, I think the Glasers are VERY over-rated...

B

Bikenut

imported post

Glaser.. and all self defense ammo intended to fragment... suffers from the same problem... lack of sufficient penetration. But then, everyone gets to decide what will work for them depending on the factors they have operative in their own situations.

But a little searching for ballistic gel results for different calibers/bullet designs helps make an informed decisions. Here is one result:

http://www.brassfetcher.com/Brassfetcher_evaluates_9mm_Glaser_Safety_Slug.pdf

and here is another with plenty of info to sort through...

http://www.mouseguns.com/amball.htm

There are other places on the 'net that have done ballistic gel testing.. and google fu will find it...

Doesn't hurt to have as much info as possible before making a decision.