Thread: How SB 6396 becomes law

Post imported post

I have been more active in civics in the past couple of years and found I have forgotten quite a bit of the details. I sent my elected representative an email asking them to explain some of the legislative processes and rules only to find myself hammering away at the keyboard and figuring it out myself. The following URL is a down and dirty primer for dummies like me, or perhaps a reference for the rest. I hope some find this useful, if there are errors in my work please let me know.

-Whitney

Here you Go
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Post imported post

I looked at the house committee chairs and there is only 1 (ONE) R in the whole freaking bunch. ALL but ONE are D. The Chair usually has the final say. This is equal representation HOW? Just goes to show you CAN'T vote them out when they control the whole thing.

Post imported post

sirpuma wrote:
    I looked at the house committee chairs and there is only 1 (ONE) R in the whole freaking bunch. ALL but ONE are D. The Chair usually has the final say. This is equal representation HOW? Just goes to show you CAN'T vote them out when they control the whole thing.
    ... and yet they still can't even agree on how much to tax us
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.