Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual La Crosse County Open Carry Picnic May 16, 2010

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages; we are proud to announce the 2nd annual La Crosse County Open Carry Picnic.

The event will be held May 16, 2010 at the Village Park in downtown West Salem, WI.

There will be a Chicken-Q, $7.00 for a complete dinner. Serving from 11:00AM - 3:00PM or until all the chicken is gone.

There will be a free drawing for numerous prizes, watch this post for prize details.

$300 CASH Grand Prize:celebrate

This event is open to the public and as always Open Carry is encouraged but not required. There will be water and soda available, but no alcoholic beverages will be served.

Wisconsin Carry has been invited to attend as a distinguished guest and they will have a table with merchandise for sale as well as membership applications for those who wish to join that fine organization

As this is Wisconsin's first major open carry event of the year, let's all do our part to make it a successful one.

Directions to the venue are as follows: from Interstate 90, Take exit #12
    (West Salem) Turn away from the BP truck stop. Take
    first left, (county B) pass the Cenex truck stop. At stop
    sign, turn left. Take first right onto Mill Street. Go 2
    blocks to park.

Almost forgot: We have permission from the local PD to use all park facilities and this is not in a school zone.

Please feel free to contact the following people with any questions.

Kevin: serpent100@hotmail.com
    Derick: flyhy5000@usa.com

Post imported post

Sounds great. If my fiance has off work, maybe I can get her to come with me for lunch! Might even be able to convince a friend or 2 to come with.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

We'll be there. My wife may even holster up for this one.
    Former Corporal of Marines.

Banned

Post imported post

This will be a great event and the door prizes will be awesome.

Feel free to download, print and distribute the pdf flyer in BNH's post in order to generate interest.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

Looking forward to a great event. Thank-you for inviting us to attend and have a table, we will send out a notice of this event to all our members.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

I would love to attend, but I cannot. Perhaps another year.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Is anyone heading up there from waukesha area who may be willing to carpool or have room for one more.

Post imported post

I will definitely be there.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

protias wrote:
    I would love to attend, but I cannot. Perhaps another year.
    Or perhaps another event. Eau Claire, June 13(stickied)

Post imported post

can't wait! hope to meet more of you face-to-face!

Find me on Facebook. I am Defiance Personal Protection.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Def...386781?sk=wall

Post imported post

We encourage EVERYONE to download the flier and distribute it to all your local places. Place a posting at the laundromat, your local gun shop, your local gym, your local convenience store, sporting goods store, inform your fellow range members, etc. Even post it on your favorite web site.

Post imported post

WEAU-TV 13 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin has added the event to their "Dinners Listing"

http://www.weau.com/community/events...mp;cat=Dinners

Thank you WEAU-TV

The 3rd District Republican Party of Wisconsin has added the event to their facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/3rd-District-Republican-Party-of-Wisconsin/259920881366#!/event.php?eid=113032642057666&ref=mf

Thank you 3rd District Republican Party of Wisconsin

WXOW-TV 19 in La Crosse, WI has added the event to their Events Page.

http://www.wxow.com/Global/category.asp?C=123774#/?i=21

Thank you WXOW-TV

WKBT-TV 8 in La Crosse, WI has added the event to their Events Page.

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/link.asp?...av=menu239_8_2

Thank you WKBT-TV

Post imported post

Think Dan Kapanke will stop by?

Banned

Post imported post

Gordo wrote:
    Think Dan Kapanke will stop by?
    He will have an invitation as will any politician and they are welcome to come, support us and press the flesh but there will be no speechifying as we want to keep the event apolitical and focused on our agenda not theirs.

Post imported post

Will be there! Looking forward to seeing everyone again. This time I will try to bring my wife (she normally works on Sundays ). It was a great experience last year and will be another great experience this year!

Thank you Hubert for putting this together!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Banned

Post imported post

Unfortunately I can not make this one I have a wedding to attend in Sullivan on that weekend.

Post imported post

Planning on making the big hike across the state....
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

Post imported post

Well, we are coming down to the wire. I am trying to get a meeting with the local radio group to determine a cost for running adds.

We have Schwans on board so there will be ice cream for sale, and the local Woodman's has been VERY supportive.

We are still trying to get a handgun donated as the "major" door prize, but so far, none of the local businesses are willing to take the extra step.

We will continue to update the thread as the picnic gets closer

Banned

Post imported post

I have placed 1/4 page ads in the May 13, 14, and 15 issues of the La Crosse Tribune; next weeks Tomah and Sparta Foxy Shopper; and did some internet advertising with lacrossetribune.com with a guarantee of 24,000 views of the ad on their website

An ad will also be coming out nest Tuesday in the Buyers Express, a local shopper.

It looks like we may have a major event coming up here boys and girls!

Post imported post

I have told some of my friends who are interested in open carry and very much care about our rights. Some of them will be joining us!

Post imported post

I got a ride and will be there loking forward to the picnic

Post imported post

We have an individual in the Eau Claire area who is looking for a ride, any offers please PM me.

Thank you,

Post imported post

Really appreciate the work everyone is putting in to this picnic. Hopefully the weather holds out and there is a large turnout!!

Post imported post

I am pleased to announce that Brumal Tacticalis a sponsor of the 2nd annual LaCrosse CountyOC picnic. We will be offering two give aways through the event and one at our vendor table this year.

• One free beginner OC class certificate(Great for the first time pistol owner or first time OC'er), this will be a one-on-one class. (One day; 8hr intensive 50% range, 50% classroom)
    • Onehalf off Combat Pistol course certificate, this will be good for Combat pistol one or two. (Two day, 16hr Intensive 75% range, 25% classroom)

Outside of these class we will also give $50 off to anyone who signs up on Sun for one of our scheduled Combat Rifle 1 or 2 course. To sweeten the deal more I'm offering anyone who is military (retired, NG, AR, Active)/ Law Enforcement (In training, reserve, active) $50 off the cost of Combat Rifle 1 &amp; 2. Plus if you sign up for class with two other people paying full price you take the class for free.

I know how some members of this board feel about outside training, so this is all up to you if you want to come talk with us or attend any of course offerings. This company is co-owned and operated by a Army veteran (Iraq X2)and LaCrosse, Wisconsin citizen.

We will have a table set up with other venders at the picnic, you can talk with myself and one at least one other instructer (another LaCrosse, Wi citizen) about what we have to offer.

Quick break down of the Rifle courses
    Combat Rifle 1 focuses on developing the required skills necessary to safely deploy a combat rifle during tactical operations and personal defense applications. This course covers the operation of the common combat rifles and provides students to use their weapon system in an operator capacity. This course is build around intro to medium shoots, ie: brick, cinder block, doors, house walls, vehicle doors, ect

Combat Rifle 2 builds on the skills acquired in Combat Rifle 1, and adds knowledge and maneuvers applicable in real-life, self-defense scenarios. We will teach you combat-proven tactics, and the difference between concealment and cover by showing you the impact of a bullet when shot through drywall, cinder block, and even different sections of a vehicle. This course is for those that are serious about knowing how to use their rifle. This course is build around medium shoots, ie: bricks, cinder block, doors, house walls, a full vehicle, ect

All tactical courses are taught by instructors with recent or current experience in combat or law enforcement.

For more information, questions, or comments, including course dates and locations, please go to our website at http://www.brumaltactical.com, or email us directly at info@brumaltactical.com

David LaValley

Brumal Tactical

Brumaltactical.com

Post imported post

We would like to thank all of the vendor sponsors for their kind donations. An email just went out about the picnic and we have already had another individual come forward asking for vendor information.

The La Crosse team has donations from almost a dozen different vendors that will all go in the free drawing.

They have an anonymous benefactor who has donated $300 CASH as the grand prize and are still working on additional door prizes.

This is shaping up to be one MAJOR event.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast