• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Annual La Crosse County Open Carry Picnic May 16, 2010

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages; we are proud to announce the 2nd annual La Crosse County Open Carry Picnic.

The event will be held May 16, 2010 at the Village Park in downtown West Salem, WI.

There will be a Chicken-Q, $7.00 for a complete dinner. Serving from 11:00AM - 3:00PM or until all the chicken is gone.

There will be a free drawing for numerous prizes, watch this post for prize details.

$300 CASH Grand Prize:celebrate

This event is open to the public and as always Open Carry is encouraged but not required. There will be water and soda available, but no alcoholic beverages will be served.

Wisconsin Carry has been invited to attend as a distinguished guest and they will have a table with merchandise for sale as well as membership applications for those who wish to join that fine organization

As this is Wisconsin's first major open carry event of the year, let's all do our part to make it a successful one.

Directions to the venue are as follows: from Interstate 90, Take exit #12
(West Salem) Turn away from the BP truck stop. Take
first left, (county B) pass the Cenex truck stop. At stop
sign, turn left. Take first right onto Mill Street. Go 2
blocks to park.

Almost forgot: We have permission from the local PD to use all park facilities and this is not in a school zone.

Please feel free to contact the following people with any questions.

Kevin: serpent100@hotmail.com
Derick: flyhy5000@usa.com

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sounds great. If my fiance has off work, maybe I can get her to come with me for lunch! Might even be able to convince a friend or 2 to come with.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

This will be a great event and the door prizes will be awesome.

Feel free to download, print and distribute the pdf flyer in BNH's post in order to generate interest.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Looking forward to a great event. Thank-you for inviting us to attend and have a table, we will send out a notice of this event to all our members.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We encourage EVERYONE to download the flier and distribute it to all your local places. Place a posting at the laundromat, your local gun shop, your local gym, your local convenience store, sporting goods store, inform your fellow range members, etc. Even post it on your favorite web site.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WEAU-TV 13 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin has added the event to their "Dinners Listing"

http://www.weau.com/community/events?c=y&cat=Dinners

Thank you WEAU-TV

The 3rd District Republican Party of Wisconsin has added the event to their facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/3rd-District-Republican-Party-of-Wisconsin/259920881366#!/event.php?eid=113032642057666&ref=mf

Thank you 3rd District Republican Party of Wisconsin

WXOW-TV 19 in La Crosse, WI has added the event to their Events Page.

http://www.wxow.com/Global/category.asp?C=123774#/?i=21

Thank you WXOW-TV

WKBT-TV 8 in La Crosse, WI has added the event to their Events Page.

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/link.asp?L=116883&nav=menu239_8_2

Thank you WKBT-TV

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Gordo wrote:
Think Dan Kapanke will stop by?

He will have an invitation as will any politician and they are welcome to come, support us and press the flesh but there will be no speechifying as we want to keep the event apolitical and focused on our agenda not theirs.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Will be there! Looking forward to seeing everyone again. This time I will try to bring my wife (she normally works on Sundays :(). It was a great experience last year and will be another great experience this year!

:lol:

Thank you Hubert for putting this together!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, we are coming down to the wire. I am trying to get a meeting with the local radio group to determine a cost for running adds.

We have Schwans on board so there will be ice cream for sale, and the local Woodman's has been VERY supportive.

We are still trying to get a handgun donated as the "major" door prize, but so far, none of the local businesses are willing to take the extra step.

We will continue to update the thread as the picnic gets closer

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

I have placed 1/4 page ads in the May 13, 14, and 15 issues of the La Crosse Tribune; next weeks Tomah and Sparta Foxy Shopper; and did some internet advertising with lacrossetribune.com with a guarantee of 24,000 views of the ad on their website

An ad will also be coming out nest Tuesday in the Buyers Express, a local shopper.

It looks like we may have a major event coming up here boys and girls!

Gordo

imported post

I have told some of my friends who are interested in open carry and very much care about our rights. Some of them will be joining us!