• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Annual La Crosse County Open Carry Picnic May 16, 2010

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We have an individual in the Eau Claire area who is looking for a ride, any offers please PM me.

Thank you,

BrumalTactical

imported post

I am pleased to announce that Brumal Tacticalis a sponsor of the 2nd annual LaCrosse CountyOC picnic. We will be offering two give aways through the event and one at our vendor table this year.

• One free beginner OC class certificate(Great for the first time pistol owner or first time OC'er), this will be a one-on-one class. (One day; 8hr intensive 50% range, 50% classroom)
  • Onehalf off Combat Pistol course certificate, this will be good for Combat pistol one or two. (Two day, 16hr Intensive 75% range, 25% classroom)
Outside of these class we will also give $50 off to anyone who signs up on Sun for one of our scheduled Combat Rifle 1 or 2 course. To sweeten the deal more I'm offering anyone who is military (retired, NG, AR, Active)/ Law Enforcement (In training, reserve, active) $50 off the cost of Combat Rifle 1 & 2. Plus if you sign up for class with two other people paying full price you take the class for free.

I know how some members of this board feel about outside training, so this is all up to you if you want to come talk with us or attend any of course offerings. This company is co-owned and operated by a Army veteran (Iraq X2)and LaCrosse, Wisconsin citizen.

We will have a table set up with other venders at the picnic, you can talk with myself and one at least one other instructer (another LaCrosse, Wi citizen) about what we have to offer.

Quick break down of the Rifle courses
Combat Rifle 1 focuses on developing the required skills necessary to safely deploy a combat rifle during tactical operations and personal defense applications. This course covers the operation of the common combat rifles and provides students to use their weapon system in an operator capacity. This course is build around intro to medium shoots, ie: brick, cinder block, doors, house walls, vehicle doors, ect

Combat Rifle 2 builds on the skills acquired in Combat Rifle 1, and adds knowledge and maneuvers applicable in real-life, self-defense scenarios. We will teach you combat-proven tactics, and the difference between concealment and cover by showing you the impact of a bullet when shot through drywall, cinder block, and even different sections of a vehicle. This course is for those that are serious about knowing how to use their rifle. This course is build around medium shoots, ie: bricks, cinder block, doors, house walls, a full vehicle, ect

All tactical courses are taught by instructors with recent or current experience in combat or law enforcement.

For more information, questions, or comments, including course dates and locations, please go to our website at http://www.brumaltactical.com, or email us directly at info@brumaltactical.com

David LaValley

Brumal Tactical

Brumaltactical.com

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We would like to thank all of the vendor sponsors for their kind donations. An email just went out about the picnic and we have already had another individual come forward asking for vendor information.

The La Crosse team has donations from almost a dozen different vendors that will all go in the free drawing.

They have an anonymous benefactor who has donated $300 CASH as the grand prize and are still working on additional door prizes.

This is shaping up to be one MAJOR event.

KiLLaDaTa

imported post

:celebrateI am so very excited that i will be home on leave for this event! i will bring my wife couple of friends and probally my mother also.....

__

Banned
imported post

Interesting handle Kill a DA XX. Don't guess I'll go. The moderators must get the threatening talk under control.

KiLLaDaTa wrote:
:celebrateI am so very excited that i will be home on leave for this event! i will bring my wife couple of friends and probally my mother also.....

KiLLaDaTa

imported post

County Prosecutor wrote:
Interesting handle Kill a DA XX. Don't guess I'll go. The moderators must get the threatening talk under control.

KiLLaDaTa wrote:

what threatening talk?and whats the idea behind posting a google search of myscreen name? why the hostility? is there anything i can help any of you with?

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

KiLLaDaTa wrote:
County Prosecutor wrote:

KiLLaDaTa wrote:

what threatening talk?
Don't sweat it. Some of these guys have really thin skins.

KiLLaDaTa

imported post

I guess so are they going to be checking IDs at this gathering and doing google searches there on the spot? maybe taking some finger prints? doing alittle profilng making a list? sounds real inviting

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

KiLLaDaTa wrote:
:celebrateI am so very excited that i will be home on leave for this event! i will bring my wife couple of friends and probably my mother also.....
You bring anyone you like! It will be a REALLY GOOD TIME. There are some on here who just like to be put down anything "they" did/wouldn't do.

We had over 200 people last year, and we hope to exceed that this year.

Let all you fellow service men and women know, they are ALL WELCOME carrying or not.

TyGuy

imported post

KiLLaDaTa wrote:
I guess so are they going to be checking IDs at this gathering and doing google searches there on the spot? maybe taking some finger prints? doing alittle profilng making a list? sounds real inviting
Who said that?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Well, we are coming down to the wire. I am trying to get a meeting with the local radio group to determine a cost for running adds.

We have Schwans on board so there will be ice cream for sale, and the local Woodman's has been VERY supportive.

We are still trying to get a handgun donated as the "major" door prize, but so far, none of the local businesses are willing to take the extra step.

We will continue to update the thread as the picnic gets closer
If the local businesses won't be supportive then don't stop there go to the next town over and find some support there. When the locals see that the other businesses are getting the attention and the business they might think twice next time.

Make sure you put a big thank you in the paper too all of the businesses that were involved just to rub it in to the ones that weren't. Let them know that we can do business else where.

Just a thought on the handgun donation. Maybe you could get a donation through SAK. I know he was doing a gun give away through ICarry. Maybe they would like to give some support that way.

Serpent

imported post

what threatening talk? and whats the idea behind posting a google search of my screen name?  why the hostility? is there anything i can help any of you with?

I think county prosecutor was trying to be funny. Considering his screen name and yours... he saw KillDa in your name. Doug (I assume) posted the google search to clarify to him that your name contained no threat to anyone.
This just drives home the point that's been made here before. Tone, sarcasm and humor don't always translate well in a post. I would suggest if you have a dry wit, you may want to make it obvious to everyone that you're just kidding. Some do have thin skins.