• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Annual La Crosse County Open Carry Picnic May 16, 2010

TyGuy

imported post

As long as my wife isn't in labor I will be there.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Did a little radio spot (10-15 seconds) on the AM station yesterday.

Local Paper (same one the adds are running in) wants to talk with us tomorrow for a Thursday story.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

^^^ Theres one in every crowd... ;)

You would be correct of course Kevin, but what you don't know is that a couple of guys got together a few years back for some burgers and brats while OCing so technically that would be the first OC picnic. :lol:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ladies and gentlemen, please help spread the word. An anonymous Wisconsin Carry, Inc. member has come forwarded and donated a CZ-82 pistol for a second place prize for the free drawing.

This is a used firearm, but in “very good” condition and has value of $200 - $250.

It comes with everything pictured here EXCEPT the leather holster(s).
photo.php

We would like to thank the donor for his kind generosity and look forward to seeing you all at the picnic.

Note: All firearms transactions handled by licensed FFL.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That is correct, I borrowed the photo but the donor assures me what is being donated is almost an exact match and remember, you are winning it in a FREE drawing.

I also checked with the donor, and he verified the caliber is 9x18 Makarov.

LaCrosseKevin, hope to see you at the picnic.

LaCrosseKevin

imported post

I'm hoping I can make it, I'm pretty new to this. (new to this site, not picnics) lol

Does the winner of the drawings need to be present to win?

What are the rules? :)

I may be able to stop in but not stay all day.

LaCrosseKevin

imported post

Directions to the venue are as follows: from Interstate 90, Take exit #12 (West Salem) Turn away from the BP truck stop. Take first left, (county B) pass the Cenex truck stop. At stop sign, turn left. Take first right onto Mill Street. Go 2 blocks to park.
What is the name of the park? Coordinates? (google earth or maps)

I'll add the name of the park to the TomTom community to help people from out-of-town to get there.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The organizers asked me to pass along the following information.

We will be having minor drawings throughout the afternoon for things like gift cards, ball caps, t-shirts, etc. Those prizes will be "MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN" drawings.

The two major prizes, are "Need Not be Present to win." They will have your contact information and they will contact the winner and make arrangements.

The $300 will be sent as a check if you are not there. The firearm will be transferred via a FFL.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LaCrosseKevin wrote:
Directions to the venue are as follows: from Interstate 90, Take exit #12 (West Salem) Turn away from the BP truck stop. Take first left, (county B) pass the Cenex truck stop. At stop sign, turn left. Take first right onto Mill Street. Go 2 blocks to park.
What is the name of the park? Coordinates? (google earth or maps)

I'll add the name of the park to the TomTom community to help people from out-of-town to get there.
http://www.google.com/search?q=west+salem,+wi+village+park

That should be what you are looking for