Thread: Questions for locals

Post imported post

Please forgive the ignoreance; I constantly fly back and fourth from the Bay Area California and Las Vegas (Summerlin area) for business and family visits. My questions are: Can a non-resident open carry in Nevada?

Also, do any of you local guys/gals know of an area(s) that one can legally shoot, besides an commerical target range? Thanks.

Post imported post

You can legally OC in Nevada as a non-resident. There is a public outdoor range here that you could use. http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/dep...ting_Park.aspx

Post imported post

greengum wrote:
    You can legally OC in Nevada as a non-resident. There is a public outdoor range here that you could use. http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/dep...ting_Park.aspx

Thanks for the help Greengum. In Nevada, thats loaded open carry right?

Post imported post

YES LOADED!!! Look on the forums here for the pamphlet for all the little details. Also you don't have to google earth your route because of schools zones and pc 626 here.!!

Post imported post

greengum wrote:
    YES LOADED!!! Look on the forums here for the pamphlet for all the little details. Also you don't have to google earth your route because of schools zones and pc 626 here.!!
    Wow, what a huge diffrence from California! :celebrateThanks for the info Greengum.

Post imported post

Hey Green- What do you mean about the School zone thing? I was under the belief from all the info I have read that "School Zones" are still a no go areafor OC. Not that I'm doubting ya, but I'd like clarity on this since I live within 500 feet of a "School Zone" and don't want to violate any laws when I pass through it everyday....

thanks.

Post imported post

Hey Green- What do you mean about the School zone thing? I was under the belief from all the info I have read that "School Zones" are still a no go areafor OC. Not that I'm doubting ya, but I'd like clarity on this since I live within 500 feet of a "School Zone" and don't want to violate any laws when I pass through it everyday....

thanks.

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/39981.html you can read all about it here. There is a federal law that was deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme court. They simply changed the wording from what I understand and passed new legislation that has not been challenged yet but is basically the same thing. There is no state statute.

edit because english is like hard and stuff