• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Questions for locals

Joe Bullet

imported post

Please forgive the ignoreance; I constantly fly back and fourth from the Bay Area California and Las Vegas (Summerlin area) for business and family visits. My questions are: Can a non-resident open carry in Nevada?

Also, do any of you local guys/gals know of an area(s) that one can legally shoot, besides an commerical target range? Thanks.

greengum

imported post

YES LOADED!!! Look on the forums here for the pamphlet for all the little details. Also you don't have to google earth your route because of schools zones and pc 626 here.!!

Joe Bullet

imported post

greengum wrote:
YES LOADED!!! Look on the forums here for the pamphlet for all the little details. Also you don't have to google earth your route because of schools zones and pc 626 here.!!
Wow, what a huge diffrence from California! :celebrate:monkeyThanks for the info Greengum.

Ddave

imported post

Hey Green- What do you mean about the School zone thing? I was under the belief from all the info I have read that "School Zones" are still a no go areafor OC. Not that I'm doubting ya, but I'd like clarity on this since I live within 500 feet of a "School Zone" and don't want to violate any laws when I pass through it everyday....

thanks.

Ddave

imported post

Hey Green- What do you mean about the School zone thing? I was under the belief from all the info I have read that "School Zones" are still a no go areafor OC. Not that I'm doubting ya, but I'd like clarity on this since I live within 500 feet of a "School Zone" and don't want to violate any laws when I pass through it everyday....

thanks.

greengum

imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/39981.html you can read all about it here. There is a federal law that was deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme court. They simply changed the wording from what I understand and passed new legislation that has not been challenged yet but is basically the same thing. There is no state statute.

edit because english is like hard and stuff