Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, who was at Kroger in Davison???????

Post imported post

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

yowilhelm wrote: Too little info, one thing is he may not have had a CPL and Kroger sells alcohol. If this is the case, a good lawyer should argue that the LEO had no RAS to check for a CPL if it was just for OCing a handgun.

I'm sure we will hear more.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

The exclusionary rule will do nothing if this person waived his rights and ran his mouth.

Way too soon to be pondering the possibilities. We know just about nothing about this yet.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Sounds like he pulled it from the trunk, probably because he didn't have a CPL, or has a suspended CPL...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Whodunnit? Stainless1911?

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    Sounds like he pulled it from the trunk, probably because he didn't have a CPL, or has a suspended CPL...

It would also be possible however unlikely that this person has an out of state license to carry concealed. Out of state CPL equivalents give Michigan residents the right to OC everywhere OC-able by a Michigan CPL holder, but no rights to conceal or carry in a car while in Michigan.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Too little information to even begin to speculate...I'll hold off for mlive updates.

BTW, gotta love the comments sometimes. "ediots" LOL.

Post imported post

The latest on the story... http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...no_one_we.html

Davison Police Chief: No one went into Davison Kroger store with gun Thursday
    By Melissa Burden | Flint Journal
    April 09, 2010, 2:45PM
    DAVISON, Michigan — Davison’s police chief said today that no one walked into the Kroger store, 700 N. State Road, carrying a gun on Thursday, though a man did take a shot gun from his trunk after a verbal altercation in the store parking lot.

Davison Police Chief Bill Brandon said a witness ran into the store and asked for someone to call police.

Early reports from police and Kroger officials indicated someone with a gun walked into the store Thursday morning and quickly walked out.

“(There) may have been a confrontation between a couple car loads of people in the parking lot area and an employee may have seen a shot gun,” Brandon said. “But our best information was no gun was ever pointed at anyone.”

One car sped away and Davison police, through a vehicle description, were able to locate and interview the driver of the other vehicle. That Davison area man was the one who began to remove the gun from his trunk, Brandon said.

Brandon said — contrary to initial reports Thursday from police — that no one was taken into custody. There is no complainant and there were no arrests in the incident, he said.

“There was no felonious assault, no brandishing or anything,” Brandon said.

Post imported post

And unfortunately the news organization looks foolish as in their zeal to get the headline first they failed to get the facts!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    And unfortunately the news organization looks foolish as in their zeal to get the headline first they failed to get the facts!
    So true, the initial story wasn't even close to the real story other than it may have stated near a Kroger store. Good God.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Between this and the simple spelling errors I see today I really wonder where they are getting not only the reporters but the editors as well!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned

Post imported post

Dont worry, It wasnt me. I know better. When I go to Krogers, I park next door.

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    Why do you park next door?
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:
    He doesn't have a CPL (suspended). He can't have a firearm in or on a place that sells alcohol.

Banned

Post imported post

yep. thats it. I wonder how many people are still unaware of that one?

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    well i know that every person ive talked to that doesnt have a cpl,and even a few that do,are not aware of it.

so id say the majority of gun owners in the state.

does this apply to long arms too?
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    So true, the initial story wasn't even close to the real story other than it may have stated near a Kroger store. Good God.
    Isn't this the Melissa that did our (you , I & Jerry) interview at the first Kelly Lake Park OC Picnic? No big deal...just wondering.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:
    well i know that every person ive talked to that doesnt have a cpl,and even a few that do,are not aware of it.

Yes, technically any one that has a FIREARM in or on these properties are in violation. That means every time you buy a gun from Wal-mart or any place that sells guns and booze and walk out with it you are in violation of the law. Every deer hunter that goes hunting with his long gun in his car and stops for gas (that sells beer) or at Meijers is in violation of this law. Etc...

You can see that it is one of those FU laws that no one thought through on.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    DanM wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:
    He doesn't have a CPL (suspended). He can't have a firearm in or on a place that sells alcohol.
    Errr, I don't get it. How does parking next door help if he actually goes into the store anyway? LOL!

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:

Yes, technically any one that has a FIREARM in or on these properties are in violation. That means every time you buy a gun from Wal-mart or any place that sells guns and booze and walk out with it you are in violation of the law. Every deer hunter that goes hunting with his long gun in his car and stops for gas (that sells beer) or at Meijers is in violation of this law. Etc...

could that be why meijer and walmart dont sell firearms in this state anymore??

Post imported post

David in MI wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    DanM wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:
    Errr, I don't get it. How does parking next door help if he actually goes into the store anyway? LOL!
    Because he would not be on the premises. The firearm must stay in the vehicle.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    David in MI wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    DanM wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:
    Gotcha. I didn't read into this the fact that he leaves the firearm in the vehicle.

This happened in my hometown andthe story seems to be lacking a bit in the details. Argument in the parking lot, a gun is partially withdrawn from a trunk, cars vacate the premises and yet no ticket for brandishing.

Post imported post

David in MI wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    DanM wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:
    He doesn't carry into the store, but leaves the pistol in the car I would think.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:

What's worse, the way the firearm laws are written, anyone who walks into a store (a gun shop where no alcohol is sold) and walks out with the newly purchasedpistol(s)arein violation of 231a. This (231a) is supposed to be amended to correct this problem.

ETA: RE a non-registered pistol.

Post imported post

David in MI wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    David in MI wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    DanM wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:
    Gotcha. I didn't read into this the fact that he leaves the firearm in the vehicle.

This happened in my hometown andthe story seems to be lacking a bit in the details. Argument in the parking lot, a gun is partially withdrawn from a trunk, cars vacate the premises and yet no ticket for brandishing.
    its possible that the LEO's feel that it might have been brought out for a possible imminent self defense,then there wouldnt be a charge,also if it was just made visible then its not really brandishing,they said nobody had it pointed at them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast