• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok, who was at Kroger in Davison???????

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Michigander

imported post

The exclusionary rule will do nothing if this person waived his rights and ran his mouth.

Way too soon to be pondering the possibilities. We know just about nothing about this yet.

Michigander

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Sounds like he pulled it from the trunk, probably because he didn't have a CPL, or has a suspended CPL...

:banghead:
It would also be possible however unlikely that this person has an out of state license to carry concealed. Out of state CPL equivalents give Michigan residents the right to OC everywhere OC-able by a Michigan CPL holder, but no rights to conceal or carry in a car while in Michigan.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Too little information to even begin to speculate...I'll hold off for mlive updates.

BTW, gotta love the comments sometimes. "ediots" LOL.

Outdoorsman

imported post

The latest on the story... http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/04/davison_police_chief_no_one_we.html

Davison Police Chief: No one went into Davison Kroger store with gun Thursday
By Melissa Burden | Flint Journal
April 09, 2010, 2:45PM
DAVISON, Michigan — Davison’s police chief said today that no one walked into the Kroger store, 700 N. State Road, carrying a gun on Thursday, though a man did take a shot gun from his trunk after a verbal altercation in the store parking lot.

Davison Police Chief Bill Brandon said a witness ran into the store and asked for someone to call police.

Early reports from police and Kroger officials indicated someone with a gun walked into the store Thursday morning and quickly walked out.

“(There) may have been a confrontation between a couple car loads of people in the parking lot area and an employee may have seen a shot gun,” Brandon said. “But our best information was no gun was ever pointed at anyone.”

One car sped away and Davison police, through a vehicle description, were able to locate and interview the driver of the other vehicle. That Davison area man was the one who began to remove the gun from his trunk, Brandon said.

Brandon said — contrary to initial reports Thursday from police — that no one was taken into custody. There is no complainant and there were no arrests in the incident, he said.

“There was no felonious assault, no brandishing or anything,” Brandon said.

Venator

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
And unfortunately the news organization looks foolish as in their zeal to get the headline first they failed to get the facts!
So true, the initial story wasn't even close to the real story other than it may have stated near a Kroger store. Good God.

lil_freak_66

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
yep. thats it. I wonder how many people are still unaware of that one?

well i know that every person ive talked to that doesnt have a cpl,and even a few that do,are not aware of it.

so id say the majority of gun owners in the state.

does this apply to long arms too?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
And unfortunately the news organization looks foolish as in their zeal to get the headline first they failed to get the facts!
So true, the initial story wasn't even close to the real story other than it may have stated near a Kroger store. Good God.
Isn't this the Melissa that did our (you , I & Jerry) interview at the first Kelly Lake Park OC Picnic? No big deal...just wondering.

Venator

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

well i know that every person ive talked to that doesnt have a cpl,and even a few that do,are not aware of it.

Yes, technically any one that has a FIREARM in or on these properties are in violation. That means every time you buy a gun from Wal-mart or any place that sells guns and booze and walk out with it you are in violation of the law. Every deer hunter that goes hunting with his long gun in his car and stops for gas (that sells beer) or at Meijers is in violation of this law. Etc...

You can see that it is one of those FU laws that no one thought through on.

David in MI

imported post

Venator wrote:
DanM wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
Dont worry, It wasnt me. I know better. When I go to Krogers, I park next door.
Why do you park next door?
He doesn't have a CPL (suspended). He can't have a firearm in or on a place that sells alcohol.

Errr, I don't get it. How does parking next door help if he actually goes into the store anyway? LOL!

lil_freak_66

imported post

Venator wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

Yes, technically any one that has a FIREARM in or on these properties are in violation. That means every time you buy a gun from Wal-mart or any place that sells guns and booze and walk out with it you are in violation of the law. Every deer hunter that goes hunting with his long gun in his car and stops for gas (that sells beer) or at Meijers is in violation of this law. Etc...

You can see that it is one of those FU laws that no one thought through on.
could that be why meijer and walmart dont sell firearms in this state anymore??