• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So many people know so little about our 2A rights

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

As I was working outside yesterday (armed of course) I see a beat-up ford explorer pull into our parking area for our storage business. It did not look familiar as one of our renters cars. So after a few minutes I walk over to the other side of the building, and here is the car, nobody is around, nobody is in their storage units. Who's friggin car is this?
The GF comes over and wonders the same thing, the way it was parked made it look like they were trying to hide the vehicleso it could not be seenfrom the street.

She decides to call the sheriff to see if it is stolen, or if they are looking for it and it got abandoned here with them taking off on foot through the woods by us.
Something just didn't seem right about this.

In the mean time while she is waiting for the deputy to show up, a neighbor I see once in a while comes over, I ask him if the explorer looks familiar, and explain the cops are on their way to see if they can figure anything out about it.
He freaks out at this point and says "You better go hide your gun before they get here, or your going to get arrested" so I give him a puzzled look andask "why do you think that?
he starts off with "You can't just have a gun on you, your going to get arrested and hauled off to jail I see you walking your dogs with it on your side, and I cannot believe you have not gotten arrested for that yet."
As I try to explain our gun laws, and 2A rights, the first deputy pulls in, he asked my GF if she had called, she explains that she has, and points to the explorer, he runs the plate, then calls the listed owners phone number to leave a message that if it is not moved within 1 hour it may be towed. Everything is fine, they tell us if it is still here after an hour to give them a call and they will have it towed as an abandoned vehicle.

The deputies leave after about 15 minutes of hanging aroundand my neighbor is standing there with a dumbfounded look on his face, saying "I cannot believe they didn't even say anything about your gun, I thought you were going to jail for wearing that!, why didn't they ask for your ID to make sure you were legal, I thought they were going to draw their guns on you and arrest you etc etc etc"
Right about that time, the GF turns her strong side towards him and says "So you never noticed I am always armed too?" I thought the guys jaw was going to fall off because it fell so hard.

On & on he went about "you just can't wear a gun anyplace you want to go, because i'll get arrested for it."
I took the time to explain the whole O-C deal to him, and now he wants to learn more and be able to legallyexercise his rights too.

So, no harassment from the cops, not even a request for my name, no fuss either.
And I got to educate someone else about their 2Arights,
all in all it was a productive day besides havingsomeone use our property astheir own little privateparking lot to hide their POS explorer.

Russf

imported post

Pretty productive day it sounds like.

M

McX

imported post

the narrowest blinds i have seen is; you need a permit for that!:what:

Cobbersmom

imported post

Hey Harry, I was listening to that on the scanner when the call came in. Wouldn't have surprised me if it was stolen knowing the growing amount of criminals in our area. There seems to be a connection between some of the folks in the neighborhood farther in from you and the area where I work. It's not good. A local cop recently mentioned he's going to be carrying an ankle holster all the time due to things going south quickly up here.
People still think this is the pristine northwoods. Way too much stuff just in our little neck of the woods!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

it was a black ford exploder, maybe mid 90's model year?
Did you here any mention of some fat ugly guy being armed while on the property when you heard them call it in from our location?
:D

The ownerof this POS must have snuck back to drove it outvery quietly, because I went out right before dark, with the pooches, and it was gone. I never heard the dogs bark either. If anything questionable happens around here, the pooches let me know.

The deputies figured it from a place up the road commonly known as "Lot 28" that attracts the attention of the sheriffs department at least 4-5 times per month.
They went over to see if anyone there belonged to the thing, and they got a "NO" for an answer.
I should have just had it towed, but I try to be decent with people, Next time I'll just hook it up to the Bobcat and drag it out in the woods and put it between 2 trees if I see it here again.
We have never had a break-in at our storage business, and I would like to keep that perfect record, stuff like this bothers me a little bit.

I live directly across the street from a trailer park, and one of the 50-60 or so families there has been nothing but problems for everyone.

Cobbersmom

imported post

I know of the ugly fat guy you mentioned; scary, very scary looking! :lol: No mention of him on the scanner. I know who you mean on Lot 28. She and my daughter went to school together. Something is always going on there, sad. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the same place where my work area folks like to head to.