• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Press release

American Sheepdog

imported post

[align=center]I would be proud to promote Michigan Open Carry.[/align][align=center]I am open for any questions from this group of patriots.[/align][align=center]Blessings,[/align][align=center]Thomas matos
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Campaign Announcement [/align] [align=center][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]Gubernatorial Candidate Stacey Mathia announces her choice for Michigan's next Lt. Governor.[/font][/align] [align=center]
[/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]Gubernatorial candidate Stacey Mathia announced today her choice for the office of the Lt. Governor for the State of Michigan. [/font] [/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]Thomas Matos is a Michigan native. He is the grandson of a Portuguese immigrant. He is a former police officer, and ARMY National Guard veteran. Thomas is also an Oath Keeper, a member of Michigan Open Carry, and an NRA instructor. He is a dedicated family man with his loving wife of 16 years, Cathern Annette Matos, and four wonderful children. He is college educated with a degree in PC Maintenance and Repair. [/font] [/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]Thomas Matos has a distinguished history of defending personal liberties. His most recent endeavor was the petitioning of the City of Alpena to remove several unlawful gun ordinances that were in violation of State and federal law;[/font][/align] [align=left]
[/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]I find it unimaginable that multiple bodies of professed representatives could overlook unconstitutional laws for almost 40 years”, Thomas said! “ Just what exactly did the City Attorneys do for 40 years? The ordinance makes it perfectly clear that only an agent of the city, state, and federal government has a proposed unalienable right to self defense, and that is in direct violation of the law of the land and of the oath they swore! It's one thing to omit that it fell through the cracks, but It's another matter entirely to willfully allow it to remain as the law without lawful premise.”[/font][/align] [align=left]
[/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]Thomas Matos is also concerned about the sovereign state of Michigan;[/font][/align] [align=left]
[/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]The transfer of Michigan's sovereignty in 2007 to the federal government by Executive Order is described by our forefathers as an act of treason. It would be just as treasonous for the next Executive Officer to allow it to remain. As an Oath Keeper, I am charged with upholding that oath when I have the power to do so. Stacey Mathia has made it perfectly clear that, as Governor of Michigan, she will revoke any Executive Order compromising Michigan's sovereignty, and I believe her!” [/font] [/align] [align=left]
[/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]My supporters should also be aware of where Thomas stands on the issue of taxes, and the safety of our peace officers and children;[/font][/align] [align=left]
[/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]The Michigan Business Tax must go and that is not negotiable! Also, freeze State hiring! It also makes me grieve to see the mountain of taxpayer dollars being funneled into the plethora of wasteful State programs like mental health counseling for child molesters and rapists. This is a disease of the heart and not the brain, and I know this first hand. No amount of money can change that! When this despicable act occurs, a twisted adult comes away satisfied, and an innocent child comes away wounded for life, if the child comes away at all.[/font] [font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]These issues not only effect the citizens of Michigan, but the very safety of those peace officers who are charged with the duty to find and bring these people to justice. I have arrested violent child molesters before and I can tell you they would surely stab a peace officer in the back if given the opportunity. Our peace officers need the tools and support of the Executive Office if we are to remove this scourge from society, and it begins by removing unconscionable bureaucracies that coddle those who harm our children and burden the taxpayer. Stacey Mathia will protect our children!”[/font][/align] [align=left]
[/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]I am proud to have chosen Thomas Matos for the Office of the Lt. Governor of Michigan, and you can be proud too. We are a team! And we understand that when the employer hires two people for a job, they expect them both to work to earn their pay. The people of Michigan can rest assure that they will have a capable Lt. Governor with Thomas Matos in the Executive Office![/font][/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]Please join Thomas Matos as he speaks at the Tea Party Rally in Alpena on April 15[sup]th[/sup] at 5pm, at the fountain in downtown Alpena, and support our bid to restore the Great State of Michigan.[/font][/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]In freedom,[/font][/align] [align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]Stacey Mathia[/font][/align][align=left][font="Nimbus Roman No9 L, serif"]
[/font]
[/align] [align=left]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=sgm&id=1830491659[/align]http://www.staceymathia2010.com/[align=left]
[/align] [align=left]
[/align]

Yooper

imported post

Gun registration?, Gun free zones? Silencers? Short-barreled rifles/shotguns? Constitutional carry (no permit required)? uncased rifles/shotguns in vehicles?

lil_freak_66

imported post

Yooper wrote:
Gun registration?, Gun free zones? Silencers? Short-barreled rifles/shotguns? Constitutional carry (no permit required)? uncased rifles/shotguns in vehicles?

+68543247685785412376862313 x infinity.

we want it the way it should be!

malignity

imported post

Hey, i'd just settle for removal of PFZ's.. all the rest is icing on the cake to me. Cause you know, opening day is coming up, and I'm just much much more vulnerable to committing a crime because I'm in an entertainment facility seating over 2500.

American Sheepdog

imported post

Yooper wrote:
"Shall NOT be Infringed!" These words are so basic even a school child can understand them. I Open Carry without a ccw. I have dedicated my life to fighting infringements in personal liberties.

lil_freak_66

imported post

malignity wrote:
Hey, i'd just settle for removal of PFZ's.. all the rest is icing on the cake to me. Cause you know, opening day is coming up, and I'm just much much more vulnerable to committing a crime because I'm in an entertainment facility seating over 2500.

i think that the NFA restrictions should be taken off,we already allow Full Auto,so why not also allow sbr/sbs and supressed to be owned?

the uncased long arms i can deal without,i know we have a bad poaching problem as is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i support just aboutany person that believes that shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed!

Yooper

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
malignity wrote:

i think that the NFA restrictions should be taken off,we already allow Full Auto,so why not also allow sbr/sbs and supressed to be owned?

the uncased long arms i can deal without,i know we have a bad poaching problem as is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i support just aboutany person that believes that shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed!
but isn't that kind of argument that the anti's use against us? I understand your point, but poachers are gonna poach regardless if I can have a shotgun sitting in my front seat (seatbelted of course ;) ).

American Sheepdog

imported post

The 2nd Amendment is clear. Shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed. NFA weapons are chose by federal LEO's and their recommendations are made into law. It is clear they fear the people when they are in possession of NFA weapons, and that's the way the 2nd Amendment was supposed to be taken...as a threat to tyranny!

This is not negotiable!

American Sheepdog

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
How is it we have a worse poaching situation than other states where they allow uncased long arm carry?

Just food for thought!
Poaching and gathering are two separate animals all together. I fully support a hunters bill of rights. Every man has the right to gather for his family when his family needs food. I am not suggesting poaching here. Poaching is a greedy act for self gratification. Gathering is shopping. In these tough times, I believe men and women should be able to acquire a free hunting license if they meet the income requirements of poverty level. God gave us these animals for eating and not petting. I eat what I kill. Those who don't need prosecuting. They take from those of us who need the food.

American Sheepdog

imported post

We also never seem to reward people for turning in poachers. When a poacher is prosecuted and found guilty, he is charged to pay restitution...TO THE STATE! This is so wrong on so many levels. The people own these animals.

"Government of the people, by the people, and for the people."

Somehow, the government gets this money and we still pay for license hikes. These license fees must be reduced. I could barely afford my RIGHT to hunt last year.

American Sheepdog

imported post

Yooper wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

but isn't that kind of argument that the anti's use against us? I understand your point, but poachers are gonna poach regardless if I can have a shotgun sitting in my front seat (seatbelted of course ;) ).
A gun case never stopped a poacher from poaching. Gun cases protect guns...not animals. I think the requirement is unnecessary. The law does not say that the gun case is for keeping your gun clean and protected. It's because they fear your gun and don't want you to have access to it if you need it. Rarely are these laws for your protection. Kind of like gun free zones. It defies conscience!

hopnpop

imported post

American Sheepdog wrote:
A gun case never stopped a poacher from poaching. Gun cases protect guns...not animals. I think the requirement is unnecessary... ...Rarely are these laws for your protection. Kind of like gun free zones.
I like the very first sentence - very well-put.