• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Campaigners are excited

amzbrady

imported post

Daily Show producers say it's pretty certain that the segment featuring Brady President Paul Helmke will air tonight (on Comedy Central at 11pm/10c). Tune in!

They seem pretty excited about it. Another one in their favor? I hope not. "Bastards"

heresolong

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Gloating Over Court Ruling In ‘Heller II’ Reveals Brady Campaign’s Gun Ban Philosophy
By Alan Gottlieb and Dave Workman

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/04/08/gloating-on-heller-ii-reveals-brady-campaigns-gun-ban-philosophy/
Just shows how desperate they are. The judge actually used arguments from the losing side of Heller to rule against the plaintiffs in Heller II. I think there is no doubt that this will be won when the full circuit hears it.

amzbrady

imported post

WTF

John Piercedid an awesome job, although I feel there was not a need to compare Open Carry to a gay lifestyle, one has nothing to do with another, seems like a second agenda there. Why did they use the gay pride rainbows to mark the states showing Open Carry?And did I miss something? Thereare only 12 states that allow open carry, and we're not one of them?I think this would have been better with Jon Stewart, I do understand them using race for a camparison on discrimination,but what we do is a choice, not something we're born with. Leave it to the Daily Show. (do we really all have about the same body type?)

o2ryan

imported post

I for one thought this was hilarious. If you do not have enough of a sense of humor to enjoy

this piece then I may suggest you are too uptight to carry in the first place. John Stewart and

most at the Daily show are not going to align with us in this debate anyway and I think we got

off pretty easy considering the source.

amzbrady

imported post

this was funny, and much better than the other two. Nice to see them denounce Paul Hempe. I just didnt think they needed to add other issues in with it. Loved it when he saidthat he had been with pierce and his partner all day, and no one had been robbed while they were there.

Edited to add. I still think the interview with Paul Hempe would have been better with Jon. I think Jon could have hit a few more nerves.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

John Peirce himself hasmade the comparison that Open Carry to gun owners are like gays coming out of the closet.As ahetero Ifind no offense in that comparison.

By comparing us to homosexuals (which I personally know and met a few who practice open carry too) does nothing but help our cause with liberal minded folks anyway.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
John Peirce himself hasmade the comparison that Open Carry to gun owners are like gays coming out of the closet.As ahetero Ifind no offense in that comparison.

By comparing us to homosexuals (which I personally know and met a few who practice open carry too) does nothing but help our cause with liberal minded folks anyway.
Correct. This is a masterful way to get the liberals and moderates to open their minds and think a bit. Use their own logic against them. I actually love the argument, I am tired of hiding that I am a gun owner (whether I OC or CC). It is time for all of us to come out and let the nation know that we are all just like them.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:

Correct. This is a masterful way to get the liberals and moderates to open their minds and think a bit. Use their own logic against them. I actually love the argument, I am tired of hiding that I am a gun owner (whether I OC or CC). It is time for all of us to come out and let the nation know that we are all just like them.
I think that unintentionally John Stewart might have helped our cause with this comparison too.

amzbrady

imported post

I do know one thing, as many friends as I have lost due to alcohol related accidents. It's to bad the Brady Campaigners dont put their inthusiasm into protesting something that has killed more peoplethan handguns. Or maybe find a way to rid the world of the biggest killer of them all. Mosquitos.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I do know one thing, as many friends as I have lost due to alcohol related accidents. It's to bad the Brady Campaigners dont put their inthusiasm into protesting something that has killed more peoplethan handguns. Or maybe find a way to rid the world of the biggest killer of them all. Mosquitos.
They hada goodfix for mosquitos but Brady like people got it banned.

amzbrady

imported post

You talking about "the fog"? It was DDT? They used to bring the trucks round every two weeks in the summer back in IL. We used to run out in the street and play in it, when they did. :?You know thinking about it....

killchain

imported post

They forgot Washington on their map.

And any press is good press, I think.

And come on. They made Brady to sound like a "gunophobe." I thought it was hilarious.

3/325

imported post

I have to admit that tying OC to OG (openly gay) was a bit of brilliance considering it was delivered to a mostly liberal audience. Of course, anti-gunners will counter with the idea that "gay" didn't kill four officers in a coffee shop but if we compare the body count of STDs vs. Firearms, I'd be willing to bet that criminal pistol use is only a little more lethal than irresponsible (i.e., promiscuous, unprotected) sex.