Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: starbucks coffee meet and discuss

McX

Post imported post

we're all planning our summer. but the opportunity has been given to us right now. i don't know where they are, but there's gotta be a starbucks in the racine / kenosha area we can all meet at, not in a school zone, on sundays at a set time, informal, but a place you'll want to be. let's plan it, like you got something to do better on a sunday? who's in?

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    we're all planning our summer. but the opportunity has been given to us right now. i don't know where they are, but there's gotta be a starbucks in the racine / kenosha area we can all meet at, not in a school zone, on sundays at a set time, informal, but a place you'll want to be. let's plan it, like you got something to do better on a sunday? who's in?
    Washington ave in Racine, Hwy 50 in Kenosha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Post imported post

I'm also liking the one on 20/Washington Ave. for Racine.
    And the one off of 94 across from Woodman's near 50 for Kenosha.
    These seem like easy to get to places of the freeway.

Looks like private parking lots with direct access to the store so we don't need to worry about school zones.

I only had Starbucks coffee once and I hated it but, since they support are rights I will learn to love it; I hope. Weekends might be though for me but I'd try.

This would be great if there were people who were looking to carry for their first time or people who would rather carry in a small group setting instead of on their own.

Post imported post

There are quite a few in Kenosha. This one is very easy to get to and I am pretty sure there are no schools within several thousand feet. I know the address is Pleasant Prairie but it is right down the street from the Starbucks by Woodman's. I think that highway 50 is the dividing line for the Kenosha VS Pleasant Prairie addresses. This one is basically in the new shopping area in Kenosha by Target, Dicks Sporting Goods, JC Penny, FedEx, etc.

9740 76th St 102 Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158

The Starbucks by Woody's has limited parking and has quite a bit of traffic congestion in that area.

Either way, I am in! I may be able to bring another family member who open carry's.

“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

McX

Post imported post

Great! sounds like there' some interest building. how about we plan to meet once a month, in rotating locations, to give everyone a chance on their home turf. ok, someone call it, when and where, sundays work best for me, my son might slog along too!

Post imported post

McX. I believe you are right down the road from me in Racine. Correct? I am by the Starbucks I mentioned in my earlier post. I think it would be a great idea to meet once or twice or more?? a month. My time is open since I am not working right now and can attend any event within a reasonable driving distance (say...100 miles).

Carry on!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

McX

Post imported post

Rak, PM'd you. everyone hang in here, were planning this out seriously. gonna rotate so k-town, racine, and milwaukee all get their chance to host. any other areas close by, chime in. formal announcements will come once we got it down solid.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'd be down for a little meet on a Sunday, as long as it's not a race weekend for me.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
    as long as it's not a race.
    Aww Jeeze, the race card already.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

haha, now THAT would be taking something out of context!!!!!!!

Post imported post

Jason in WI wrote:
    I only had Starbucks coffee once and I hated it but, since they support are rights I will learn to love it; I hope. Weekends might be though for me but I'd try.

I need to agree with Jason on this one, I just wish someplace with decent coffee backed the OC movement as much as Starbucks does. That "Rot-Gut" coffee of theirs is just sooooo bad

But their hot chocolate is pretty good!!!

Too bad Speedway doesn't have a seating area, now they have good coffee!

McX

Post imported post

KENOSHA MEET HAS BEEN PLANNED!

New carriers, established carriers, underground carriers welcome. Show our support and appreciation for StarBucks, and discuss important issues over coffee.

April 18th (Sunday), 1 to 3 pm

Starbucks coffee shop
    Kenosha highway 50 and 104th.
    9740 76th St.
    suite 102
    Pleasant Prairie, WIS. 53158

Post imported post

I'll be there! I will try to bring my daughter who has open carried with me before.

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

I should be able to make it also, unless something unforeseen pops up. It will be nice to put faces on screen names.

McX

Post imported post

le' bumpe'.

McX

Post imported post

bump again.

McX

Post imported post

one last bump, look forward to seeing you all over coffee tomorrow!

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    one last bump, look forward to seeing you all over coffee tomorrow!
    McX, see ya at 1300! One of my daughters...heck maybe two, will also be with me. Too young to open carry but not too young to learn their rights!

—John F. Kennedy

McX

Post imported post

ditto for me rak! someone be sure to bring a camera, nothing documents a sucessful meet like pictures to post on here. remember guys, and gals, if this is sucessful next month we'll meet in racine, then onto milwaukee. maybe at the milwaukee meet nick can stop in, and bring some wisconsincarry t-shirts for us to buy! either way, it will be great to meet, greet, and discuss in a social setting!

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

I am leaving Elkhorn now.

Post imported post

The meet went well! We had a good gathering of folks drinking coffee and sitting in the sun. A bit too windy and chilly but nonetheless a good time! We are looking forward for the next get together at Starbucks!

—John F. Kennedy

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

It was flippin' cold!!!! I would of worn my jacket but I'm paranoid about covering my weapon so I didn't.

It was good meeting all you!

Only had one 'civilian' give me a double take. Everyone else seemed to not give a crap.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

All I can say is it was a well spent afternoon.

Weather chilly yes, Warmth amongst friends priceless. Also look forward to nextget together.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

McX

Post imported post

time well spent with good friends, good topics, good laughs, education and exposure for the public. a win!

Post imported post

Jenny and I were were happy to meet all of you guys. It's a whole lot nicer to read a post and know who it's coming from instead of just a screen name.

A bit chilly out with that wind but that was a bonus for Starbucks as I was slamming those cappuccino-latte-grande-dubble pump-whatchuacallit, bitter drinks to stay warm! I will admit that the hot chocolate was great though.

Its was good to meet with like minded people and I will definitely make the next one (with a spare jacket for Paul ). I think little events like that are really good around here to to help our movement, It's nice to see things happening around SE Wisconsin.

Since we don't ever go to the Kenosha area much Jenny thought it would be good if we did our part to help with the local economy :shock:. We stopped at the Pet Smart and Dick's sporting goods that was in the strip mall behind Starbucks while armed and didn't have any problems whatsoever like usual, even though we did linger for good amount of time while Jenny tried to talk me into bringing home another impounded cat (she was cute and lovable). Afterwords we had lunch at Famous Dave's in the same complex (sans sidearm) and couldn't resist having a cocktail or two with lunch so that was it for open carrying the rest of the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast