• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

starbucks coffee meet and discuss

M

McX

imported post

we're all planning our summer. but the opportunity has been given to us right now. i don't know where they are, but there's gotta be a starbucks in the racine / kenosha area we can all meet at, not in a school zone, on sundays at a set time, informal, but a place you'll want to be. let's plan it, like you got something to do better on a sunday? who's in?

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

McX wrote:
we're all planning our summer. but the opportunity has been given to us right now. i don't know where they are, but there's gotta be a starbucks in the racine / kenosha area we can all meet at, not in a school zone, on sundays at a set time, informal, but a place you'll want to be. let's plan it, like you got something to do better on a sunday? who's in?
Washington ave in Racine, Hwy 50 in Kenosha

Jason in WI

imported post

I'm also liking the one on 20/Washington Ave. for Racine.
And the one off of 94 across from Woodman's near 50 for Kenosha.
These seem like easy to get to places of the freeway.

Looks like private parking lots with direct access to the store so we don't need to worry about school zones.

I only had Starbucks coffee once and I hated it but, since they support are rights I will learn to love it; I hope. Weekends might be though for me but I'd try.

This would be great if there were people who were looking to carry for their first time or people who would rather carry in a small group setting instead of on their own.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There are quite a few in Kenosha. This one is very easy to get to and I am pretty sure there are no schools within several thousand feet. I know the address is Pleasant Prairie but it is right down the street from the Starbucks by Woodman's. I think that highway 50 is the dividing line for the Kenosha VS Pleasant Prairie addresses. This one is basically in the new shopping area in Kenosha by Target, Dicks Sporting Goods, JC Penny, FedEx, etc.

9740 76th St 102 Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158

The Starbucks by Woody's has limited parking and has quite a bit of traffic congestion in that area.

Either way, I am in! I may be able to bring another family member who open carry's.

:dude:

M

McX

imported post

Great! sounds like there' some interest building. how about we plan to meet once a month, in rotating locations, to give everyone a chance on their home turf. ok, someone call it, when and where, sundays work best for me, my son might slog along too!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX. I believe you are right down the road from me in Racine. Correct? I am by the Starbucks I mentioned in my earlier post. I think it would be a great idea to meet once or twice or more?? a month. My time is open since I am not working right now and can attend any event within a reasonable driving distance (say...100 miles).

Carry on!

M

McX

imported post

Rak, PM'd you. everyone hang in here, were planning this out seriously. gonna rotate so k-town, racine, and milwaukee all get their chance to host. any other areas close by, chime in. formal announcements will come once we got it down solid.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'd be down for a little meet on a Sunday, as long as it's not a race weekend for me.

hunter9mm

imported post

Jason in WI wrote:
I only had Starbucks coffee once and I hated it but, since they support are rights I will learn to love it; I hope. Weekends might be though for me but I'd try.

I need to agree with Jason on this one, I just wish someplace with decent coffee backed the OC movement as much as Starbucks does. That "Rot-Gut" coffee of theirs is just sooooo bad :banghead::banghead::banghead:

But their hot chocolate is pretty good!!! :lol:

Too bad Speedway doesn't have a seating area, now they have good coffee! :monkey:monkey:monkey

M

McX

imported post

KENOSHA MEET HAS BEEN PLANNED!

New carriers, established carriers, underground carriers welcome. Show our support and appreciation for StarBucks, and discuss important issues over coffee.

April 18th (Sunday), 1 to 3 pm

Starbucks coffee shop
Kenosha highway 50 and 104th.
9740 76th St.
suite 102
Pleasant Prairie, WIS. 53158

Jason in WI

imported post

I should be able to make it also, unless something unforeseen pops up. It will be nice to put faces on screen names.

M

McX

imported post

one last bump, look forward to seeing you all over coffee tomorrow!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
one last bump, look forward to seeing you all over coffee tomorrow!

McX, see ya at 1300! One of my daughters...heck maybe two, will also be with me. Too young to open carry but not too young to learn their rights!

M

McX

imported post

ditto for me rak! someone be sure to bring a camera, nothing documents a sucessful meet like pictures to post on here. remember guys, and gals, if this is sucessful next month we'll meet in racine, then onto milwaukee. maybe at the milwaukee meet nick can stop in, and bring some wisconsincarry t-shirts for us to buy! either way, it will be great to meet, greet, and discuss in a social setting!