• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

starbucks coffee meet and discuss

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The meet went well! We had a good gathering of folks drinking coffee and sitting in the sun. A bit too windy and chilly but nonetheless a good time! We are looking forward for the next get together at Starbucks!

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

It was flippin' cold!!!! I would of worn my jacket but I'm paranoid about covering my weapon so I didn't.

It was good meeting all you!

Only had one 'civilian' give me a double take. Everyone else seemed to not give a crap.

M

McX

imported post

time well spent with good friends, good topics, good laughs, education and exposure for the public. a win!

Jason in WI

imported post

Jenny and I were were happy to meet all of you guys. It's a whole lot nicer to read a post and know who it's coming from instead of just a screen name.

A bit chilly out with that wind but that was a bonus for Starbucks as I was slamming those cappuccino-latte-grande-dubble pump-whatchuacallit, bitter drinks to stay warm! I will admit that the hot chocolate was great though.

Its was good to meet with like minded people and I will definitely make the next one (with a spare jacket for Paul ;)). I think little events like that are really good around here to to help our movement, It's nice to see things happening around SE Wisconsin.

Since we don't ever go to the Kenosha area much Jenny thought it would be good if we did our part to help with the local economy :shock:. We stopped at the Pet Smart and Dick's sporting goods that was in the strip mall behind Starbucks while armed and didn't have any problems whatsoever like usual, even though we did linger for good amount of time while Jenny tried to talk me into bringing home another impounded cat (she was cute and lovable). Afterwords we had lunch at Famous Dave's in the same complex (sans sidearm) and couldn't resist having a cocktail or two with lunch so that was it for open carrying the rest of the day.

M

McX

imported post

i saw alot of people lugging their computers in and out. that got me thinking, as i watched the traffic flow; starbucks has kinda a lengendary status for open carry, damn near everyone who watches tv or read the papers has gotten wind of it. most days at these places are 'uneventful', a steady stream of cattle for coffee. then something out of the ordinary happens, and oc'ers show up. the staff was prepared for us, and i only got one owl eye the whole time i was in and out of there. kids sat with their parents within 10 feet of me, as i ordered, and no one looked alarmed at all. but i did extrapolate this; all them computers in there are probably chatting, twittering, or whatever. wonder if any of them got on the net, to their buddies, and said; check this out, open carriers here! i can't reach any conclusions, nor gain any real facts, but traffic did pick up around that place while were there. nothing? perhapse, we can speak of it at next month's meeting. your comments or observations are welcome.

M

McX

imported post

i suppose i could discuss the 'owl eye'. got to the counter, to pay for my stuff, and there was an old guy-older than me anyway, and his wife to my right. he looked at me, saw my firearm, reacted, but kept his reaction to himself; he didn't question me, nor make comment. but i could tell he was thinking, evaluating data, trying to reach a conclusion, but couldn't. he didn't move away from me, his wife was completely oblivious to me. i paid for my stuff, thanked, and left. perhapse i got to observe 'silent education' occuring?