• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC News 27 (WI) quotes OpenCarry.org's John Pierce re open carry walk down Madison's State Street

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Madison TV station WKOW Channel 27 had a followup story on last month's stroll around downtown Madison:

Video story:
http://www.wkowtv.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4688599&h1=Open%20carry%20laws&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=130533&LaunchPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&rnd=62685848

Link to text story:

http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12280761- also click on video link

SNIP

Police stand down to gun-toters on Madison's State Street
Posted:

Apr 08, 2010 7:43 PM EDT [/i]

SNIP

John Pierce of the Virginia-based, gun rights advocacy group OpenCarry.org said the people who openly carried firearms Mar. 28 are affiliated with his group and are board members of Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Pierce said group members were holding a meeting in Madison that day.

Last summer, police officers ticketed UW-Madison student Travis Yates for disorderly conduct after Yates was spotted openly carrying a gun on and around State Street. In an interview with 27 News, Yates protested the citation.

Pierce said the group with guns openly displayed wanted to acknowledge Yates' predicament.

"It was symbolic for them to finish his walk on State Street."

A city official said Yates' case was dismissed Feb. 17 at the request of Madison's city attorney.

. . .