• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone Carrying in Olathe?

campfire

imported post

Do we have people OCing in Olathe regularly/currently? What kinds of experiences/reactions recently?

Since I found this forum, I've been looking more closely but haven't seen anyone yet. ;)

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

no many, but the cops are already conditioned for you LOL ( your welcome)
I moved out of there last year but still visit alot around target, & smothie factory mmm good

campfire

imported post

ComSec wrote:
no many, but the cops are already conditioned for you LOL ( your welcome)
I moved out of there last year but still visit alot around target, & smothie factory mmm good

Yes, I've seen your posts and noticed that you moved across the borderto Lee's Summit. I appreciate youdoingthe/some trailblazing withOlathe police, and thank you for your work on the area OC maps. I wish we didn't have to worry about OC rules community-by-community in KS or MO, as it just complicates things for someone wanting to OC all the time, especially in an area like metro KC.

orangemyths

imported post

Hey Campfire

I thought i was the only OC in Olathe... I have been OC for a two months and have had no problems with people or cops. I Wrote to the police dept. Explaining i will be OC and they informed all 150 officers that i OC. They were very nice about it. Now if i am asked about it i explain it to people and they agree with me. Then if a cop would to i will give ID but nothing more. Just so they get used to me.

Good luck Buddy