Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Free online CCW course for students/faculty/.edu emails

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gainesville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    Saw this on ar15.com:

    If you're a student/faculty/employee at a school, have a .edu email address, and are in a state that allows an online course to satisfy your CCW class, this is for you.

    The website says it's good for VA (residents and non residents) and also seems to indicate that it's good for WV. YMMV

    http://www.onlineconcealedcarry.com/ Register with a .edu email address. Use discount code: 923726 and finish the course before April 10 11:59 PM EST

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    jwidman wrote:
    Saw this on ar15.com:

    If you're a student/faculty/employee at a school, have a .edu email address, and are in a state that allows an online course to satisfy your CCW class, this is for you.

    The website says it's good for VA (residents and non residents) and also seems to indicate that it's good for WV. YMMV

    http://www.onlineconcealedcarry.com/ Register with a .edu email address. Use discount code: 923726 and finish the course before April 10 11:59 PM EST
    FREE is a good deal for sudents. I would sublit that it is also a marketing scheme for those without an .edu address.

    Many are copyinghttp://VirginiaCHPtraining.com that was the original (and is 39.99 instead of 49.99 like the one you listed)

    One final note. Virginia Issues Concealed Handgun Permits. Not CCW like other states do.




    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Just a reminder, this ends tonight!
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    30

    Post imported post

    Just have to say I took advantage of this. The course was extremely easy and took me no time at all. I'm glad to be a student and get this for free. The Hampton clerk had no problem with the certificate. Now I am 3 days into my 45 day wait on my CHP. Thanks to whoever got this setup. (SCCC possibly?)

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    970

    Post imported post

    big_bake wrote:
    Just have to say I took advantage of this. The course was extremely easy and took me no time at all. I'm glad to be a student and get this for free. The Hampton clerk had no problem with the certificate. Now I am 3 days into my 45 day wait on my CHP. Thanks to whoever got this setup. (SCCC possibly?)
    Yes, SCCC did set it up. I took advantage of the offer as well. I am -372 days into my 45 day wait.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    hunter45 wrote:
    I am -372 days into my 45 day wait.
    If you are serious, why don't you do somethign about it?
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    970

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    *I am -372 days into my 45 day wait.
    If you are serious, why don't you do somethign about it?
    You mean time travel into the future?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorktown, ,
    Posts
    407

    Post imported post

    I did mine that week!

    im a college kid at ODU. I think it was a great idea to get college kids on the bandwagon for gun rights.

    I just received a call from the court today about my CHP. apparently they smudged the address on my application or something and needed to clarify. Its going in the mail for me today :celebrate:celebrate

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorktown, ,
    Posts
    407

    Post imported post

    correction, i just called to see if i could just pick it up and she said SURE!


    off i go! :celebrate:celebrate

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA, ,
    Posts
    29

    Post imported post

    I took it myself and passed it on to a few other friends around the state. I Haven't applied for my chp yet, not sure if I'm going to anytime soon.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    I am -372 days into my 45 day wait.
    If you are serious, why don't you do somethign about it?
    Math humor, Ed.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  12. #12
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    DJEEPER wrote:
    im a college kid at ODU. I think it was a great idea to get college kids on the bandwagon for gun rights.

    I think its a nice idea too, but some kids need to be tossed onto the wagon as they dont seem to want to pull themselves on. We've offered a discount to SCCC members for probably well over a year now for our safety course and we have yet to have student #1 sign up and use the discount.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    ProShooter wrote:
    I think its a nice idea too, but some kids need to be tossed onto the wagon as they dont seem to want to pull themselves on. We've offered a discount to SCCC members for probably well over a year now for our safety course and we have yet to have student #1 sign up and use the discount.
    Well, as a college student (and employee) I didn't know that. :shock:
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  14. #14
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    AbNo wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    I think its a nice idea too, but some kids need to be tossed onto the wagon as they dont seem to want to pull themselves on. We've offered a discount to SCCC members for probably well over a year now for our safety course and we have yet to have student #1 sign up and use the discount.
    Well, as a college student (and employee) I didn't know that. :shock:
    We're listed on the SCCC site under Virginia instructors. We were the only ones listed there for a good while but it looks like a number of other companies have signed on.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    30

    Post imported post

    I'm not really a part of SCCC, i managed to run across something on my facebook wall one day and clicked on it. led me to their group page which had the free online training at the top. pretty cut and dry basic stuff, but it will get a new person pointed in the right direction. definitely not substitute for real training.

    that being said i'm considering coming up for one of the Utah classes over the summer to get that taken care of.


    and 10 days into my wait... one can only hope his mother calls with the good news that the great city of Hampton sent him some mail.

  16. #16
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    big_bake wrote:
    that being said i'm considering coming up for one of the Utah classes over the summer to get that taken care of.
    The Utah class is a good class. Utah seems to have put alot of thought into the course outline and the majority of folks who comment really seem to enjoy the course. It covers a wide range of topics and really tries to emphasize safety. I try to mix the material with some of my experiences in LE and a little bit of comedy. I find that it helps the student retain the material.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •