• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wow, Class 3 Weapons are Legal for non law enforcement/military?

Haman J.T.

Savage.Detroit wrote:

If you want a machine gun in Michigan and your criminal record is clean, ATF will not deny you. It is almost like a rubber stamp for ATF. It might take months before you get paperwork back but it will be approved. Your local sheriff/police chief is what you should worry about. This is where many people find a problem. This is because sheriff/police chief must sign paperwork that then goes to ATF. A lot of people reporting that they can not get it signed because some of the local sheriff/police departments take anti-machine gun stand. If this happens, you can set up a "trust" where your machine gun will be transferred in the name of the trust, not your name. With this arrangement no signature from police chief is require. The only downside is that you would have to spend some money to set up a trust. It might be somewhat expensive if you use an attorney. You can do it yourself but it is fairly complicated from what I hear.
Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners(MCRGO) has all the info on these type Trusts in MI on their web site!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Carter was no sort of "nuclear sub engineer." Carter was a junior regular navy lieutenant nuclear engineering graduate working on his command quals when he resigned in 1953 to run the peanut farm. He had served on conventional surface ships and diesel submarines on his junior officer tours. He was USS Seawolf SSN-575 pre-commissioning administration officer. Seawolf was launched in 1955 and commissioned in 1957. His major nuclear experience was cleaning up the Chalk River, Canada, reactor accident. (I directed operations and testing of submarine reactor plants.)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/timeline/carter/

Carter was no sort of president either >snicker<

After high school, Carter enrolled at Georgia Southwestern College, in Americus. Later, he applied to the United States Naval Academy and, after taking additional mathematics courses at Georgia Tech, he was admitted in 1943. Carter graduated 59th out of 820 midshipmen at the Naval Academy with a Bachelor of Science degree with an unspecified major, as was the custom at the academy at that time.[13] After serving in both the Atlantic and Pacific U.S. Submarine Fleets, Jimmy Carter attended graduate school majoring in reactor technology and nuclear physics.[14][15] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter

Does not say he got any type of degree regarding nuclear anything ... could not find Carter's DD214 online ..

OC for ME

Has HGR ask me a question, back in the day, on what my job was. I told him that is was to make sure that the nukes were pushed to their proper places by the nukes. He did not like that too much. HGR was a idiot. The HGR, SSN-709, was a scum bucket. That POS was broke more than it worked.