• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

could i get in trouble if..

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
1. It's BATFE, not ATF. Don't pander to their craving to sit at the big kids' table with the FBI, DEA and CIA.

2. A gun owner wearing an ATF hat is as bizarre to me as a Black person wearing a "KKK" t-shirt.

Damn I lost my book mark and can't find the picture of Lumby Indians smiling with a KKK flag wrapped around themselves. Great pic. After the Battle of Hayes Pond, in the '50's. Great example where "minorities" used guns to protect themselves.

And no don't wear a police shirt, although I was tempted to wear one that said border patrol and then hang out by the local DHS office just for kicks. LOL ( just kidding)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
1. It's BATFE, not ATF. Don't pander to their craving to sit at the big kids' table with the FBI, DEA and CIA.

2. A gun owner wearing an ATF hat is as bizarre to me as a Black person wearing a "KKK" t-shirt.

Damn I lost my book mark and can't find the picture of Lumby Indians smiling with a KKK flag wrapped around themselves. Great pic. After the Battle of Hayes Pond, in the '50's. Great example where "minorities" used guns to protect themselves.

And no don't wear a police shirt, although I was tempted to wear one that said border patrol and then hang out by the local DHS office just for kicks. LOL ( just kidding)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hayes_Pond

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

e3-03.jpg

eye95

imported post

Deanimator wrote:

After the blood drive in Birmingham today, we visited a few local gun shops. At one, they had a protective vest with "POLICE" emblazoned across the back. We inquired if they were selling it. They were. We were assured, however, that the "POLICE" was velcroed and would be removed before the sale.

Darn.

cscitney87

imported post

Drinking drunk is legal. Driving is legal. Put the two together = illegal

Wearing NYPD clothing is legal. OCing is legal. Put the two together = _______

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Drinking drunk is legal. Driving is legal. Put the two together = illegal

Wearing NYPD clothing is legal. OCing is legal. Put the two together = _______

legal.

Impersonation requires that you actually impersonate an official.

eye95

imported post

There are three ways to learn.

1. You can listen to the experiences of others.

2. You can observe the mistakes of others.

3. You can piss on the electric fence yourself.

#3 is the option selected by most of today's youth. Oh well.

cscitney87

imported post

Devil's advocate;

Criminal impersonation is a crime that is governed by states laws, which vary by state. It may involve, among other acts:
(1) assuming a false identity with the intent to defraud another; (2) pretending to be a representative of another person or organization; or (3) opening a bank account or securing credit in the name of another person without the other person's consent.
The following is an example of a state statute dealing with criminal impersonation:
(1) A person commits criminal impersonation if he knowingly assumes a false or fictitious identity or capacity, and in such identity or capacity he: (d) Does an act which if done by the person falsely impersonated, might subject such person to an action or special proceeding, civil or criminal, or to liability, charge, forfeiture, or penalty; or (e) Does any other act with intent to unlawfully gain a benefit for himself or another or to injure or defraud another.
http://definitions.uslegal.com/c/criminal-impersonation/

SpringerXDacp

imported post

U8Dust wrote:
if I open carry while wearing a t shirt and hat that says "police" or "swat"? i see them all the time at convenient stores. or even ones that read "fbi" or "dea". would that be criminal for me to do, if i dont pretend to actually be in law enforcment?

Don't know where you're from Dust, however, under Michigan law a person who is not a "Peace Officer" can wear garments such as hat, shirts, etc, with Police, FBI, ATF, Etc. logos, as long as, he or she is not acting in any official capacity:

750.215 False representation as peace officer or medical examiner; violation; penalty; “peace officer” defined.

Sec. 215.

(1) An individual who is not a peace officer or a medical examiner shall not do any of the following:

(a) Perform the duties of a peace officer or a medical examiner.

(b) Represent to another person that he or she is a peace officer or a medical examiner for any unlawful purpose.

(c) Represent to another person that he or she is a peace officer or a medical examiner with the intent to compel the person to do or refrain from doing any act against his or her will.

(2) Except as provided in subsection (3), an individual who violates subsection (1) is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 1 year or a fine of not more than $1,000.00, or both.

(3) An individual who, in violation of subsection (1), performs the duties of a peace officer to commit or attempt to commit a crime or represents to another person that he or she is a peace officer to commit or attempt to commit a crime is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 4 years or a fine of not more than $5,000.00, or both.

(4) A sentence imposed under subsection (3) may be ordered to be served consecutively to any term of imprisonment imposed for another violation arising from the same transaction.

(5) As used in this section, “peace officer” means any of the following:

(a) A sheriff or deputy sheriff of a county of this state or another state.

(b) An officer of the police department of a city, village, or township of this state or another state.

(c) A marshall of a city, village, or township.

(d) A constable.

(e) An officer of the Michigan state police.

(f) A conservation officer.

(g) A security employee employed by the state pursuant to section 6c of 1935 PA 59, MCL 28.6c.

(h) A motor carrier officer appointed pursuant to section 6d of 1935 PA 59, MCL 28.6d.

(i) A police officer or public safety officer of a community college, college, or university who is authorized by the governing board of that community college, college, or university to enforce state law and the rules and ordinances of that community college, college, or university.

(j) A park and recreation officer commissioned pursuant to section 1606 of the natural resources and environmental protection act, 1994 PA 451, MCL 324.1606.

(k) A state forest officer commissioned pursuant to section 83107 of the natural resources and environmental protection act, 1994 PA 451, MCL 324.83107.

(l) A federal law enforcement officer.

(m) An investigator of the state department of attorney general.

groats

imported post

Depends on your definition of "trouble".

If you call being beat over the head with a nightstick, cuffed and tossed into the back of a patrol car, taken to jail and paying thousands of bucks to a lawyer "fun", then I guess it isn't "trouble".

Gunslinger

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Why is he a troll? While I personally think it's of questionable sense, unless commerating someone who died in the honorable line of duty, he was just asking a question. And I have a lot more than 76 posts

bigdaddy1

imported post

You guys are forgetting the term "perception". In the world, if it looks like a duck....

If you are dressed in a DEA t-shirt, and/or a DEA cap while armed you will be giving the perception of that law enforcement agency. Regardless of what you read from the law.

In Milwaukee there was a company called Capitol Import Auto. They went by the moniker CIA. The employees had picture badges with CIA on them (they thought it was funny). They were told to STOP that by the gubmentagency with the same initials because of the image it portrayed.

Scrub

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
You guys are forgetting the term "perception". In the world, if it looks like a duck....

If you are dressed in a DEA t-shirt, and/or a DEA cap while armed you will be giving the perception of that law enforcement agency. Regardless of what you read from the law.

In Milwaukee there was a company called Capitol Import Auto. They went by the moniker CIA. The employees had picture badges with CIA on them (they thought it was funny). They were told to STOP that by the gubmentagency with the same initials because of the image it portrayed.
This is a good example of what I was trying to get across in my "75th" post {I am over the limit now!} People will think you are a LEO just be appearance, so it depends on what a judge thinks the definition of represent is, and I would hate to fight that in court ............ hence my earlier post, and my decision not to wear the hat that I described earlier.

Edited for spelling/grammar

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
But that Wikipedia article is about as bad as can be imagined, using numbers like 50, 500 and 5000 for the numbers of participants in a conflict.

I noticed that, still a good example of why guns are good.

Being part native I get a sense of pride and kick out of that bit of history.

It was Superman and the Lumby who helped defeat the KKK......lol.:p