• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona passes Constitutional Carry

coolusername2007

imported post

In my district, my local state senator has termed out, so we have a new guy trying to get elected whose name is Jeff Stone. I emailed him this question yesterday and he responded last night.

Me: I have a question for Jeff. He says he's a 2nd Amendment advocate. Does he support and will he work for "constitutional carry" as the AZ governor has just signed into law? Thank you, ...

Stone: Indeed yes; I was very pleased to see what Arizona has done with their concealed carry law. If elected I will support the exact same type of legislation of our state. Thanks for your support, ...

My hat is off to Jeff for supporting our Constitution as its written.

Do you know what your local elected reps have to say on this issue? And not just the ones in office, but also those running for office.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
In my district, my local state senator has termed out, so we have a new guy trying to get elected whose name is Jeff Stone. I emailed him this question yesterday and he responded last night.

Me: I have a question for Jeff. He says he's a 2nd Amendment advocate. Does he support and will he work for "constitutional carry" as the AZ governor has just signed into law? Thank you, ...

Stone: Indeed yes; I was very pleased to see what Arizona has done with their concealed carry law. If elected I will support the exact same type of legislation of our state. Thanks for your support, ...

Do you know what your local elected reps have to say on this issue? And not just the ones in office, but also those running for office.
No offense to Mr Stone, but it's pretty easy to say you'd do something that you know will with 99.999999999% certainty NOT happen.

PincheOgro1

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

No offense to Mr Stone, but it's pretty easy to say you'd do something that you know will with 99.999999999% certainty NOT happen.
I have sent emails to a few candidates. Russ Bogh or his sec.was the only one that responded.

coolusername2007

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

True, but he is on the record on the issue, and getting them on the record is half the battle. Plus he has spoken fairly well on the issue of gun rights and 2A. Recently, he pushed through and passed a resolution for our sheriff to loosen the CCW issuance policies (right now he's on the county board of supervisors). Its a non-binding resolution, but it does speak to his political leanings on the subject.

Further, he is in favor of limited government and has publicly stated he favors a part-time legislature. Just more evidence of his policital opinions and leanings.

When talking to your reps, ask do they support or oppose, get an affirmative answer one way or the other, don't let them be wishy-washy. The next question is will they introduce legislation to that effect? So they don't get to just play along they actually have to make progress.

mFonz77

imported post

The AZ law (and all other laws passed this session) will go into effect July 29, 2010. Hope to see some of you folks out this way.