• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question on a MCL

kyleplusitunes

imported post

I don't have a cite, but a dl is a privledge, no a right, rights are defined by the bill of rights.

also I can't read the forum you posted as I am not a member

Yooper

imported post

agree, a right to travel, but no right to drive. Well, I guess you do have a right to drive, as long as you keep your driving to your own property, or perhaps (?) as long as you don't drive on a public road.

B

Bikenut

imported post

What is a "right" and what is a "privilege"?

Very easy answer...

Regardless of the activity or thing........ if you have to have to ask permission, like qualify for a license (drivers license or concealed pistol license for example), then it is a privilege.

And a "privilege"... unlike a "right"... can have the permission removed and the "privilege" can no longer be engaged in.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
I don't have a cite, but a dl is a privledge, no a right, rights are defined by the bill of rights.

also I can't read the forum you posted as I am not a member
Not necessarily check this out and get back with me!

9th Amendment: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.