• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My 1st Maryland Heights OC

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I thought I would give Starbucks a thank you for there open rules involving OC.I wentdown to my local Starbucks at Westport Plaza in Maryland Heights MO and buy one of those $3 drinks and just see how easy going our localStarbuckswas. Well they noticed I was wearing a firearm and said nothing. I hung around the lobby for about 30min with about a dozen people coming through then went outside to people watcheveryone walking into the plaza. 40 or so passed by my gun side and I'd say most didn't notice the firearm afew looked puzzled and one or two did a strong double take.I was surprised that no patrol car cruised byafter about an hour and a half I decided to pack it up.

Doc

MHSB.jpg

cash50

imported post

I guess you had someone with you, seeing from the pic?

Did you have a recorder on you?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Encouraging experience. I'll try to find time to buzz by that Starbucks next time we stay at my brother-in-laws.

ETA: Thanks for being the point man!

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Cash50,

I had 2 buddies with me with instructions of what to do and2 cameras capable of taking good video. The pic I posted was part of a video my one buddy took. Maryland Heights has no OC restrictions in there ordinances but I was prepared for evidence gathering on any LEO that would have wanted to enforce his personal opinion on OC in a highend shopping area.

Doc

Broondog

imported post

way to go man!

that kinda makes me want to go visit Westport again. my last gig was Soux Chef at Marciano's (since closed) for about 10 years and i got to know a few of Maryland Hts. finest very well since they would hang out at my place. they were all pro 2A.

i'm really surprised though that none of the sheep that were there called on you. at night Westport was pretty loose but during the day it always seemed a bit uptight.

Mo

Banned
imported post

Did you engage in any friendly small talk with the staff there? (not about open-carry).

I've always thought that would help ease any tension...

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Mo,

My personality is a little guarded. I tend to be taken as little intimidating tomost strangerseven when unarmed. So I thought it best not to over try my interactions and cross into that creepy guy zone. I am probably not the best spokesperson for the job. I just feelOCneeds to be seen to start to get the people adjusted to it.

Doc