• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"No firearms" signs removed from Seattle Center / Center House

Lemmiwinks

imported post

FYI:

The Seattle Center House is no longer sporting the "No Firearms are permitted at this event or on these premises" signs at its entrances. I noticed their removal a few days ago and the sticker goo is still on the walls.

I recall seeing them go up for one of the festivals last summer.

FMCDH

imported post

Wow, didn't even know there was one, and I go there several times a year.

Not that it was a legitimate sign anyway. :quirky

dj_fatstyles

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
dj_fatstyles wrote:
i went to the bite last year and was carrying and noone got hurt.
Well thank Goodness that your firearm didn't jump up and start firing at people. That would have been awful.
its like it would have had a mind of its own to do that:quirky

Bersa.380

imported post

Lemmiwinks wrote:
FYI:

The Seattle Center House is no longer sporting the "No Firearms are permitted at this event or on these premises" signs at its entrances. I noticed their removal a few days ago and the sticker goo is still on the walls.

I recall seeing them go up for one of the festivals last summer.
Good !

.45ACPaddy

imported post

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=70.108.150

"
RCW 70.108.150Firearms — Penalty.
It shall be unlawful for any person, except law enforcement officers, to carry, transport or convey, or to have in his possession or under his control any firearm while on the site of an outdoor music festival.

Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars and not more than two hundred dollars or by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than ten days and not more than ninety days or by both such fine and imprisonment.
[1972 ex.s. c 123 § 5.]"

That might be why they denied you access to hempfest while OC.

joeroket

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=70.108.150

"
RCW 70.108.150Firearms — Penalty.
It shall be unlawful for any person, except law enforcement officers, to carry, transport or convey, or to have in his possession or under his control any firearm while on the site of an outdoor music festival.

Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars and not more than two hundred dollars or by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than ten days and not more than ninety days or by both such fine and imprisonment.
[1972 ex.s. c 123 § 5.]"

That might be why they denied you access to hempfest while OC.

Is music really the primary gathering purpose for hempfest attendees?

(1) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.