• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Club .45

M

McX

imported post

title says it all. welcome to club .45. we speak of .45's here. pics encouraged.

M

McX

imported post

don't have a .45 yet. that's why i'm here, read, learn, look, then go shopping! i wonder if i'm eligible for the senior discount on my purchase?

eye95

imported post

Pics? Here ya go!

ammo_45acp_single_150.jpg

rodbender

imported post

Well, I carry a Paraordnance P1445 everywhere. I've had people tell me that it can't be used as a conceal carry because it is too big, but I haven't had a problem but once. That was when the wind blew my shirt over the pistol while riding my bike. As far as the .45 ACP round. It's been around like forever and a couple more days, is tried and true, and I have seen accuracy of MOsoda cans as far as 100 yards. I cant hit anything under about 18-20 inches at that distance, but I have seen people that hit a soda can everytime. Don't let anyone tell you it's not accurate because it's too slow. Self defense is close quarters stuff anyway.

45acpForMe

imported post

rodbender wrote:
Well, I carry a Paraordnance P1445 everywhere. I've had people tell me that it can't be used as a conceal carry because it is too big, but I haven't had a problem but once. That was when the wind blew my shirt over the pistol while riding my bike. As far as the .45 ACP round. It's been around like forever and a couple more days, is tried and true, and I have seen accuracy of MOsoda cans as far as 100 yards. I cant hit anything under about 18-20 inches at that distance, but I have seen people that hit a soda can everytime. Don't let anyone tell you it's not accurate because it's too slow. Self defense is close quarters stuff anyway.

One of these would make the 100yard shot easier. :)

B

Bikenut

imported post

I always get a kick out of the ever present discussions about the .45............

Take that comment any way y'all wish...

:D

M

McX

imported post

i ain't seen nary a nekked pic of a nice .45 i should look into on here yet!

Dreamer

imported post

rodbender,

I'm COMPLETELY in your camp. I also own a full-size Para double stack (the "deluxe" version of yours--an S-14.45 Limited), and although I OC about 90% of the time, I occasionally CC, like when it's raining, or coled enough to require a coat, or when I'm "dressed up". I have had no problem whatsoever, and I'm a pretty lanky dude at 5'11" and 180lbs...

However, all that said, my next gun will be a smaller Para--probably a Para LDA PDA in .45. It is a single-stack, and has a shorter barrel, so it's a MUCH more compact instrument, and would be a LOT more comfortable for CC and summertime carry than the full-size double-stack.

I saw a PDA in a shop yesterday and it was SWEET. The only reason I didn't put money down on it was that it was a 9mm (which gives you 2 or 3 more rounds, but, I mean, it's a 9mm...) I'm holding out for a PDA in .45acp...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good friend of mine carries a Kimber Ultra Carry II .45. I have handled it but haven't had an opportunity to shoot it yet (mainly because he lives nearly 1000 miles away). Feels good in the hand though.

I mostly carry my XD45 compact service. Lots of things I like about it and lot of good things to say about fat and slow for self-defense.

rodbender

imported post

Curtis wrote:
We are talking about .45 Colt aren't we? :)

IMG_0113s.jpg

UUHH....hadn't thunk o' that. When somebody says .45...I always figure they are talking .45 ACP. But .45 Long Colt is good, too.

ACP = Automatic Colt Pistol anyway

darkin

imported post

I carry a P220 Stainless Steel all the time. I admit it isn't the best for CC but it can be done, as for general carrying it is a little heavy at times but nothing that really bothers me. Though it may be a little bigger and heavy at times for CC, it does give me more control when firing than its lighter counterparts. I is a great firearm I like it a lot, it is very accurate and great for OC.

P220SS.jpg

M

McX

imported post

interesting information, and damn nice pics too! got a question, which manufacturers, and models offer the 'safe decocking' thing, and is it safe to carry with one in the chamer, hammer down. if dropped any chances it will go off? I'm not keen on that back grip safety, but i suppose it's something one can get used to, any thoughts or experiences on that aspect?
i was also wondering, in the .45 category, could anyone list manufacturers from lowest price/quality, to highest/price quality in order of 'occurance', so i can get a feel for if i'm in the eonomy isle, or uptown? i have a thing for the classic 1911 style design at present, but am open to ideas, and thoughts.

marrero jeff

imported post

HK and Sig both make DA/SA .45s with decockers and both are considered excellent weapons. I carry an HK USP .45 and i love it. However, if the price is a problem, Glock and Springfeild make fine pistols as well for $300-400 less. And, it is extremely hard to make pistol go bang these days without pulling the trigger. Rack one in the pipe, put your saftey on (if you so choose) and be on your merry way.

modelo57

imported post

.45? I love the .45 acp and the Colt .45. I own 4, 2 .45 acp semis and 2 revolvers, 1 .45 acp, 1 .45 Colt. Not to brag, but I'm not half bad with any of them. I'm always looking for more in either .45 acp or .45 Colt,