• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ing in Charlotte,NC

r1dramma

imported post

Just curious how many people OC in Charlotte? I have never seen anybody OC in the 7 yrs I have lived here. All of the people I know just CC,I alsodo it about 50% of the time.I had someone call the cops on about a month ago the PO was very nice he said some people are just idiots with to much time on their hands making MWG calls!!:D

hotrod08

imported post

I have, South Charlotte, And over around Methodist Hospital and HWY 16 ETC.

The only problem I had was I went into wendy's With just my holster, Gun was in the car my grandma was with me and she dont like the Idea of me OCing, So for her I left it in the car.
Long story short, The guy tried to make a big deal about me coming in with a empty Holster.

r1dramma

imported post

Wow I live in the Steele Creek area and haven't had any problems besides that one time a few weeks ago with MWG call, but I have a good idea on who made the call it was some guy who doesn't like cleaning up after his dog that I had confrontedabout 3 weeks prior to getting the MWG call! I was sitting in my truck and whenI stepped out to chk my maillbox he was there and then I got back in my truck sat there waiting for my turn@ thecarwash, 15 min's later the police show up. I have been to walmart,bi-lo,harris teeter and a few of the local fast food places and haven't had any problems.Some people are just jerks I guess!!

hotrod8812 wrote:
I have, South Charlotte, And over around Methodist Hospital and HWY 16 ETC.

The only problem I had was I went into wendy's With just my holster, Gun was in the car my grandma was with me and she dont like the Idea of me OCing, So for her I left it in the car.
Long story short, The guy tried to make a big deal about me coming in with a empty Holster.

TheFreeman

imported post

I've had a few people give me surprised looks in the limited amount of time I've OC'ed in Charlotte. It is usually when I stop off at a gas station or a grocery store. I think most of those times, people haven't had time to call the police on me even if they wanted to.

r1dramma

imported post

I get the looks all the time but I just go about my business:lol:!!

TheFreeman wrote:
I've had a few people give me surprised looks in the limited amount of time I've OC'ed in Charlotte. It is usually when I stop off at a gas station or a grocery store. I think most of those times, people haven't had time to call the police on me even if they wanted to.

r1dramma

imported post

Well I decided to go to the Dixie gun & knife show today in Charlotte nothing much to see @ the gun show,I did pick up a CCW holster for my girlfriend!! After the gun show we decided to go grab a bite so we (my girl & her friend ) ended up @ Five Guys off of Mallard Creek in the University area, after being there a short while some Big Black guys walk in(300lbs + no I'm not racist!)as we are about to leave I decide to go wash my hands and my girl stayed cleaning up the table,when she hears one of the guys talking about calling the police! WTF we sat there for awhile and no 1 said anything about my girls friend and me OC'ing (sorry my girl was ccw new holster) so I'm like these idiots, so I decided to walk over to them and hand them an OC'ing info card and explain to the numb nuts that I am doing nothing wrong!!!  Funny thing is the one guy who's idea it was to call the cops said I'm sorry I was just nervous (300 + lbs each B.S.) and didn't know what to do, I told him it was cool now the next time he sees some1 OC'ing there should be no need to panic!!!! Well that's my OC'ing experience for today!!!!:celebrate P.S.the funny thing is that if these guys were actually seeing a crime taking place they would probably look the other way.Just my.02!!!

Sam

imported post

r1dramma wrote:
P.S.the funny thing is that if these guys were actually seeing a crime taking place they would probably look the other way.Just my.02!!!
Hmmm??:?

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Kudos on the education opportunity. I've learned to ignore these people, as it makes me focus on things that just don't matter. It is sometimes better to go ahead and let them call the police so that the education has a greater impact. After all, you are doing nothing wrong. The shock value of flashing lights is phenomenal.

r1dramma

imported post

I agree but these guys just wanted a show,no 1 else in there seemed to mind me oc'ing not even the elderly couple sitting right next to us.I was on my way out the door when my girl let me know what she over heard besides the police have better things to do in my opinion.

Smith45acp

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Kudos on the education opportunity. I've learned to ignore these people, as it makes me focus on things that just don't matter. It is sometimes better to go ahead and let them call the police so that the education has a greater impact. After all, you are doing nothing wrong. The shock value of flashing lights is phenomenal.
yeah sometimes it can suck too

r1dramma

imported post

Smith45acp wrote:
.40 Cal wrote:
yeah sometimes it can suck too
Yeah and the gun I was oc'ing with isn't to popular with the popoI think! @ the gun show there was 1 police officer that was eyeballin me really bad! Yeah Oc'ing is legal in NCbut if you get a cop who's not having a good day things can get real sour in a hurry!!