Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC clothing question

Post imported post

I am not typically a tuck in your shirt kind of guy but I have been sucking it up and doing it anyways (polos and t-shirts) just so no one can say I was momentarily CCing.

I am wondering about a pull-over sweatshirt aka hoody. I just tuck it in a bit right by the firearm. Anyone have any experience being detained like that?

Post imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
    I am not typically a tuck in your shirt kind of guy but I have been sucking it up and doing it anyways (polos and t-shirts) just so no one can say I was momentarily CCing.

I am wondering about a pull-over sweatshirt aka hoody. I just tuck it in a bit right by the firearm. Anyone have any experience being detained like that?
    Some folkshave had LEO interaction andappearance or clothing has seemingly been a factor. I haven't seen anyone come on here and say that a LEO specifically said, "I'm checking you out because you've got a gun and are wearing a hoody."

Don't wear any loose clothing tucked "in a bit right by the firearm" if you do not have a CPL or are OC'ing with a CPL into a CC prohibited zone. Unless you have the time and money to fightany possible CCW charge.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

If you can be sure the garment will not cover the firearm, you should be ok. I'd recommend you practice with it first. Try moving around and such, sitting and standing. The object being to see if it comes loose and ends up covering your firearm.

Jackets and hoodies are tricky things. Even with the short ones, you'll need to check from time to time to make sure your pistol is not covered.

Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Post imported post

IMOP if you want to wear a hoody then you need to carry in a drop leg holster (if you do not have a CPL esp!)
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    IMOP if you want to wear a hoody then you need to carry in a drop leg holster (if you do not have a CPL esp!)
    +1
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Very good suggestion.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

I have been recommending the drop leg holster for those without a CPL. Hard to prove it was concealed with a rig like that. And you can get them fairly cheap.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    I have been recommending the drop leg holster for those without a CPL. Hard to prove it was concealed with a rig like that. And you can get them fairly cheap.
    And if you already have a serpa you can just buy the harness and attach it!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    Oh I have a harness...oh wait you mean for a holster. Never mind.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    :what::celebrate this place would be sooo boring if not for you Ven!!

Post imported post

I have Serpa and am working on getting a holster platform from someone over at MGO.

Post imported post

You said you would never tell! I'll bet you will tell them about my waitress outfit next...oooops...damn.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

You said you would never tell! I'll bet you will tell them about my waitress outfit next...oooops...damn.
    Jeeze just come out and tell them everything. It's not the waitress outfit I like it's the goat skin coat you have.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    I have been recommending the drop leg holster for those without a CPL.* Hard to prove it was concealed with a rig like that.* And you can get them fairly cheap.
    Oh really? I've wanted a drop holster for a while now but didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. I have a serpa already, so if I can get a harness cheap my problem would be solved. How much are they and where can I find them?
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    .snip...

Oh really? I've wanted a drop holster for a while now but didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. I have a serpa already, so if I can get a harness cheap my problem would be solved. How much are they and where can I find them?
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhaw...-platform.html
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Post imported post

grey area...

Post imported post

You can and should take added precautions, like safety pinning your jacket back, wearing a shorter jacket, or wearing a drop leg holster. But the main this is don't conceal. Everyones body and clothing selection will work out differently.

You asked if anyone has been detained on the basis of clothing selection. Many here, including me, have been felony stopped for utterly lawful OCing where the police even admitted they had nothing on us. Even worse, theszerdi was falsely prosecuted in your home town. This has been curbed some recently by semi true training bulletins given to police officers. But remember, you can get stopped for anything, especially in this state, with all of the us against them cops.

Worry primarily about following the law, not about likelihood of being detained. OCing on your own while going about your life isn't the thing to do if you are real worried about getting detained.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    .snip...

http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhaw...-platform.html
    Thanks a ton!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Family Membership, St. Helen, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

If you got a Serpa already and going after the tactical thru him. Check on Blackhawks Quick Disconnect also. I have one, and it only takes seconds to change from my paddle for my waist to the tactical leg drop. The only thing is that if you go back CCing the holster sticks out a about 1/4" further because of the Quick Disconnect.

Post imported post

OK, got the drop holster platform for my Serpa. Any tips on how how far down to wear it?

Post imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
    OK, got the drop holster platform for my Serpa. Any tips on how how far down to wear it?
    Low enough that the things you wear cannot cover the gun at any time!

Post imported post

EM87, check your PMs

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

How about an ankle holster worn on the outside of yout pants or with shorts?

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    How about an ankle holster worn on the outside of yout pants or with shorts?
    for some reason i pictured these on you. . . stylin

Post imported post

OK, first OC the drop holster. I think more people notice. I had a couple positive conversations and one nasty look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast