• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC clothing question

Savage.Detroit

imported post

I am not typically a tuck in your shirt kind of guy but I have been sucking it up and doing it anyways (polos and t-shirts) just so no one can say I was momentarily CCing.

I am wondering about a pull-over sweatshirt aka hoody. I just tuck it in a bit right by the firearm. Anyone have any experience being detained like that?

DanM

imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
I am not typically a tuck in your shirt kind of guy but I have been sucking it up and doing it anyways (polos and t-shirts) just so no one can say I was momentarily CCing.

I am wondering about a pull-over sweatshirt aka hoody. I just tuck it in a bit right by the firearm. Anyone have any experience being detained like that?

Some folkshave had LEO interaction andappearance or clothing has seemingly been a factor. I haven't seen anyone come on here and say that a LEO specifically said, "I'm checking you out because you've got a gun and are wearing a hoody."

Don't wear any loose clothing tucked "in a bit right by the firearm" if you do not have a CPL or are OC'ing with a CPL into a CC prohibited zone. Unless you have the time and money to fightany possible CCW charge.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

If you can be sure the garment will not cover the firearm, you should be ok. I'd recommend you practice with it first. Try moving around and such, sitting and standing. The object being to see if it comes loose and ends up covering your firearm.

Jackets and hoodies are tricky things. Even with the short ones, you'll need to check from time to time to make sure your pistol is not covered.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I have been recommending the drop leg holster for those without a CPL. Hard to prove it was concealed with a rig like that. And you can get them fairly cheap.

Venator

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Venator wrote:
I have been recommending the drop leg holster for those without a CPL. Hard to prove it was concealed with a rig like that. And you can get them fairly cheap.
And if you already have a serpa you can just buy the harness and attach it!
Oh I have a harness...oh wait you mean for a holster. Never mind.

autosurgeon

imported post

Venator wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Venator wrote:
:what::lol::celebrate this place would be sooo boring if not for you Ven!!

WARCHILD

imported post

You said you would never tell! I'll bet you will tell them about my waitress outfit next...oooops...damn.

Venator

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

You said you would never tell! I'll bet you will tell them about my waitress outfit next...oooops...damn.
Jeeze just come out and tell them everything. It's not the waitress outfit I like it's the goat skin coat you have.;)

EM87

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Venator wrote:
I have been recommending the drop leg holster for those without a CPL.  Hard to prove it was concealed with a rig like that.  And you can get them fairly cheap.

Oh really? I've wanted a drop holster for a while now but didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. I have a serpa already, so if I can get a harness cheap my problem would be solved. How much are they and where can I find them?

Michigander

imported post

You can and should take added precautions, like safety pinning your jacket back, wearing a shorter jacket, or wearing a drop leg holster. But the main this is don't conceal. Everyones body and clothing selection will work out differently.

You asked if anyone has been detained on the basis of clothing selection. Many here, including me, have been felony stopped for utterly lawful OCing where the police even admitted they had nothing on us. Even worse, theszerdi was falsely prosecuted in your home town.:cuss: This has been curbed some recently by semi true training bulletins given to police officers. But remember, you can get stopped for anything, especially in this state, with all of the us against them cops.

Worry primarily about following the law, not about likelihood of being detained. OCing on your own while going about your life isn't the thing to do if you are real worried about getting detained.

EM87

Yosemite Sam

Family Membership, St. Helen, Michigan, USA
imported post

If you got a Serpa already and going after the tactical thru him. Check on Blackhawks Quick Disconnect also. I have one, and it only takes seconds to change from my paddle for my waist to the tactical leg drop. The only thing is that if you go back CCing the holster sticks out a about 1/4" further because of the Quick Disconnect.