• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying on Motorcycle

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dustiniac:

Search and read the case of State v. Fry. Fry was convicted for going armed with a concealed weapon because he had a handgun locked in the glove compartment of his automobile. The Court still considered it "within reach". Also read State v. Asfoor. The Court ruled that a firearm must be carried out of reach so as to avoid a conflict with 167.31. Doesn't much matter how a statute is technically worded it is the Court's interpretation that determineswhether or not you go to the slammer.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Rinoceros:

By pathetic old man I presume you are talking about Doug. Or perhaps you were referring to me. I have seen 70 Winters so perhaps that makes me an old man. As for Doug, he has been a member of this forum since 2006. You have been a member for 12 days. How can you even believe that you know enough about the man to make an intelligent decision as to whether or not hhe is pathetic. Sometimes he may seem to talk in riddles and sometimes his messages may be cloaked but none of us "old timers" on this forum question his knowledge of state and case law and his ability to research. "Don't judge a man untill you walk a mile in his mocassins".

Most of us older members of this forum have had differences of opinions with each other. That is what debate and discussion is all about. That does not mean we don't respect each others viewpoints.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". Harry S.Truman.

Now to answer your question. You damn right I am.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Brad_Krause wrote:
It is somewhat like saying a neighbor saw someone with a gun and called police, therefore there was a disturbance, therefore there is evidence of conduct that is disorderly, and the individual did have a gun, which facilitated the call to police, so therefore it is disorderly conduct while armed, which poses a threat of lethal force to the general public, which is a felony, so you are being arrested on Felony Disorderly Conduct While Armed.

:DGeez Brad, that almost sounds like you are speaking from experience!!!:D

For the people who are not familiar with Brad, that is exactlyhow he got arrested and charged, what almost 2 years ago now? For simply having a pistol on his side, on his own property, while planting trees.
Allegedly, a neighbor had simply called the police to ask ifit was legal for a person to have a pistol on their side while working in their yard, and the West Allis Police took it from there and created a huge mess for everyone involved.
But at the same time, this incident got the Attorney General to finally make a statement!
So how many police offices stormed your yard with their guns drawn, and screaming atyou in that incident?
And how long did they have you standing with handcuffs on while they tried to find something to charge you with?
So the story Brad outlined above is how they finally got Brad charged with that offense.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Rinoceros:

By pathetic old man I presume you are talking about Doug. Or perhaps you were referring to me. I have seen 70 Winters so perhaps that makes me an old man. As for Doug, he has been a member of this forum since 2006. You have been a member for 12 days. How can you even believe that you know enough about the man to make an intelligent decision as to whether or not hhe is pathetic. Sometimes he may seem to talk in riddles and sometimes his messages may be cloaked but none of us "old timers" on this forum question his knowledge of state and case law and his ability to research. "Don't judge a man untill you walk a mile in his mocassins".

Most of us older members of this forum have had differences of opinions with each other. That is what debate and discussion is all about. That does not mean we don't respect each others viewpoints.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". Harry S.Truman.

Now to answer your question. You damn right I am.

Rhinoceros is apparently a friend of Doug's. Perhaps you missed this post.....

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Thanks. My newest sockpuppet, Rhinoceros, just signed up. He has a long sharply pointed horn, an impervious hide and utter disdain for anonymous cattle peckers.

You may respect the viewpoints of others, but Doug often does not share this trait with yourself. Riddles and cloaked answers may be entertaining, but childish insults are what Doug falls back to when he finds that there is a differing opinion to his own on whatever subject matter is at hand. This is the only "beef" I have with Doug. I do not stand in judgement dispite his many baseless judgements proclaimed about myself penned by his hand.

It is unfortunate that the fruits of these insults toward others by Doug are the insults being directed back at him. This needs to stop by all so that we canget back to making this a productive workingboard. More people are being chased away than are attracted by the recent posts.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Enough! I'm tired of all the bickering and name calling. This forum has gone down the toilet. Nothing constructive is being accomplished so I am riding off into the sunset. Good-bye. If anyone is intersted you can catch my posts concerning open carry on The High Road or WGO.

Cobra469

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Enough! I'm tired of all the bickering and name calling. This forum has gone down the toilet. Nothing constructive is being accomplished so I am riding off into the sunset. Good-bye. If anyone is intersted you can catch my posts concerning open carry on The High Road or WGO.

While the bickering and name calling is childish running off to other forums and letting the trolls influence you empowers them and their behaviors. Or is it only your post that are moving while you are still following along here as well?

Just curious as one of the biggest reasons why I don't post more is 1) I am by far not an expert or as knowledgeable as some others here. 2) most of my responses are already voiced several times before I get the chance. 3) I don't feel like getting caught in the floaters going down the drain.

but finally a middle of the night post when I am actually on and everybody hasn't already said the same thing :p

M

McX

imported post

i have a simple one line response to any cop who wants to search my vehicle; GET A WARRANT.